Poll: Auto vs. Manual

Home of the traffic rant.

Automatic Transmission vs. Manual Transmission?

1) Automatic
18%
2) Manual
31%
3) Both have their merit
51%
4) Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 39

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Poll: Auto vs. Manual

Post by Dizzy1 »

I still prefer manual although automatics have come a long way. I don't like tiptronic systems but would be open to paddle shifters - feels more natural then tiptronic.

Can't stand muscle cars with an automatic though - just the sound of a blown V8 with a tricked out exhaust without the rev wind down you get in a manual is just wrong on every level lol
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Can't stand muscle cars with an automatic though - just the sound of a blown V8 with a tricked out exhaust without the rev wind down you get in a manual is just wrong on every level lol

That may be, but the automatics are a lot easier on parts.

I know at the drag strip, the guys with automatics are far more consistent, win far more often, and break stuff far less, than the guys stubbornly sticking to standards.

Build your automatic bullet proof, then down shift like a standard and you'll have your wind down. I've got a Turbo 400 that'll give you whiplash. LOL
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:That may be, but the automatics are a lot easier on parts.

I know at the drag strip, the guys with automatics are far more consistent, win far more often, and break stuff far less, than the guys stubbornly sticking to standards.

Build your automatic bullet proof, then down shift like a standard and you'll have your wind down. I've got a Turbo 400 that'll give you whiplash. LOL

LOL, I'll agree with ya on the merits of an automatic on the track, but no clutch, no clutch pause/wind down ... just doesn't sound right LOL ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

They should put the stick on the left side of the driver, by the window.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”