Would Better Driver Training/Testing Make Roads Safer?

Home of the traffic rant.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Would Better Driver Training/Testing Make Roads Safer?

Post by my5cents »

Fancy wrote:Is this a fact? Just curious.

Yes, 80/20 , 75/25 in either case one is liable. Like every industry there are basic standards (generalities). That doesn't mean that it will be that portion, just that that is the basic idea. The civil courts over years of rulings establish the liabilities and the industry then adopt them.

The surprising part is that the left turn vehicle is the liable vehicle in this case. It happened to my wife. The police attended and issued a ticket to the passing vehicle, but ICBC placed the liability on her.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Would Better Driver Training/Testing Make Roads Safer?

Post by GordonH »

Remembering that the vehicle you are driving has the potential of seriously injuring or killing yourself or someone else, so respect the laws/rules of road.

I've said this before in another thread so I will say it again here, the only one you have control of is the driver behind the one in front of you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”