When will people learn to stay out of the inside lane

Home of the traffic rant.
tarasbulba
Fledgling

When will people learn to stay out of the inside lane

Post by tarasbulba »

Well another head on collision on a 4 lane highway, picture shows one car still in left lane, where everybody seems to drive in these days, where did this come from, this inside lane driving, when no one else is around, people will stay in that lane the whole way and then when their about 100 meters from the exit, they'll move over and get off the highway, normally cutting off people who are already there. I drive ever day, all day and see it all the time. people will actually panic to get in that lane it seems, they pull out into traffic in a 70 and move right over to that lane right away. Where did this come from, sure wasn't from the people who grew up here, like me. Traffic signs in this province say, "Keep Right Except to Pass", don't they see them. Myself I'd rather have that extra few seconds to head for the ditch than a head on. I was taught to always look for an escape route too and it has saved me many many times. I have almost 40 years or more, accident free, but I sure came close a few times but not from myself, but by others who shouldn't be on the road (knock on wood),,

GET OUT OF THAT LEFT LANE before your the next causality of a head on
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: when will people learn to stay out of the inside lane

Post by dodgerdodge »

What does this have to do with a head on? Rightly or wrongly you should expect to be able to drive in the left lane on your side of the road without some *bleep* ramming into you because he/she was either not concentrating or was using your lane to overtake the two lanes of traffic on their side. Yes i've seen it happen on that very section of road someone was coming towards me whilst overtaking BOTH lanes on his side!!!
This is NOT the fault of people driving on the inside lane!
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

tarasbulba wrote:Well another head on collision on a 4 lane highway, picture shows one car still in left lane, where everybody seems to drive in these days, where did this come from, this inside lane driving, when no one else is around, people will stay in that lane the whole way and then when their about 100 meters from the exit, they'll move over and get off the highway, normally cutting off people who are already there. I drive ever day, all day and see it all the time. people will actually panic to get in that lane it seems, they pull out into traffic in a 70 and move right over to that lane right away. Where did this come from, sure wasn't from the people who grew up here, like me. Traffic signs in this province say, "Keep Right Except to Pass", don't they see them. Myself I'd rather have that extra few seconds to head for the ditch than a head on. I was taught to always look for an escape route too and it has saved me many many times. I have almost 40 years or more, accident free, but I sure came close a few times but not from myself, but by others who shouldn't be on the road (knock on wood),,

Zero facts to support any of this. How about slowing DOWN!!
HanSolo
Board Meister

Post by HanSolo »

The road is supposed to be shared. Some people don't feel that way unfortunately, and drive as if they own the road, completely oblivious to those around them.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – forever.
- George Orwell -
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Nice video taken by a driver in the castanet news of the head on crash yesterday. Must be ok when at an accident scene.
lostsurferinbc
Fledgling

Post by lostsurferinbc »

I get really upset reading these headlines because I know head on collisions do not have to happen. I live in lumby and work in kelowna and I see a lot of dumb moves by motorists on my commute. Last Friday an acura suv passed a truck behind me on highway 6 which is 80km/h and was about to over take me but a car was coming. So he proceeded to tailgate the hell out of me then finally passes. He was going way to fast for his ABILITY due to the fact he couldn't control his vehicle around simple corners. He was on dirt shoulder then in on coming traffic and so on till he finally turned off.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: When will people learn to stay out of the inside lane

Post by Bsuds »

tarasbulba wrote:Well another head on collision on a 4 lane highway, picture shows one car still in left lane, where everybody seems to drive in these days,

Blows your theory because apparently the truck you are talking about was in the outside lane!

RIP to the poor kid who died.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:Blows your theory because apparently the truck you are talking about was in the outside lane!

RIP to the poor kid who died.

Yes you're right -

Apparently, a black Dodge pickup was travelling southbound, in the outside lane, when it was struck, head on, by a northbound white Pontiac Sunfire.

According to witnesses, the Pontiac was moving with the flow of traffic when it suddenly swerved left across oncoming lanes and impacted the Dodge pickup. The force of the collision caused the truck to overturn onto its roof while the Pontiac was sent into the ditch on the southbound side of the highway.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#114456

The question remains, what caused him to swerve so far to the left. We'll have to wait and see what the RCMP come up with. Could be one of a dozen causes, including mechanical/tire.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I don't think there is any question that needs to be answered here on castanet. The focus should be our prayers, help and outreach to all affected by this truly horrible tragedy. Maybe its just me but I feel very very bad about this and don't think its the time for a stupid forum debate.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”