How bad are Kelowna drivers?

Home of the traffic rant.
matai
Banned

How bad are Kelowna drivers?

Post by matai »

For ICBC to currently run ads on the radio telling people how to make a very basic left hand turn, I think it tells something.

How bad - or good - are Kelowna drivers?
SpeakTheWholeTruth

Re: How bad are Kelowna drivers?

Post by SpeakTheWholeTruth »

From what i see..very bad. It is a retirement community, so the majority are old farts, who shouldnt even have a license or punk kids driving mommy and daddy's beemer. Ive been driving responsibly, with no license for over 10 years. Ha.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I would not critcise the overall dring ability. Consider how many people are out there getting where they want to go without crashing. And remember, no one is perfect, and lots of the drivers here came from Alberta.
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

In the end no matter how good or bad the drivers are on the road. The only one you have control of is the driver behind the one in front of you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

dogspoiler wrote: ..., and lots of the drivers here came from Alberta.

They’re easy to spot. They know how to merge, change lanes and use signal lights.

SpeakTheWholeTruth wrote: From what i see..very bad. It is a retirement community, so the majority are old farts, ... .

Reminds me of a story:

Mabel and Gertrude were out cruising Kelowna on their regular Sunday drive. Suddenly Gertrude notes Mabel blowing right through a stop sign without a pause. She wonders if she should say something but apparently there were no other cars around so no harm, no foul. A couple blocks later Gertrude notes Mabel running a red light. It’s like she didn’t even notice and a couple of cars had to swerve to miss her. Now Gertrude has to say something.

Gertrude says: “Mabel, did you not see that red light you just drove through?”

Mabel says: “What?? I’m driving???
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

Quebec is worse.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

steven lloyd wrote:They’re easy to spot. They know how to merge, change lanes and use signal lights.

As they race up the hwy at 30kmh over the limit.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

steven lloyd wrote:Reminds me of a story:

Mabel and Gertrude were out cruising Kelowna on their regular Sunday drive. Suddenly Gertrude notes Mabel blowing right through a stop sign without a pause. She wonders if she should say something but apparently there were no other cars around so no harm, no foul. A couple blocks later Gertrude notes Mabel running a red light. It’s like she didn’t even notice and a couple of cars had to swerve to miss her. Now Gertrude has to say something.

Gertrude says: “Mabel, did you not see that red light you just drove through?”

Mabel says: “What?? I’m driving???

Or that old adage: "When I die, I want to go in my sleep, like my Grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in his car."
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Bsuds wrote:

No one from BC would ever do that!
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Bsuds wrote:

Well, I'll tell you, 30 kms over on the highway is better than the 30 kms/hr over in tight residential areas like most Kelowna drivers do around my place!

Women talking and texting on their phones without stopping for not one stop sign.
Many Kelowna residents use stop signs as a reference to where the corner is and that's all.
Oh, and all the punks with their backwards baseball caps or hoodies over their heads driving like they are at the race track somewhere, with their "custom" exhaust systems"

Most kelowna drivers "suck" bigtime.
Kelowna drivers= FAIL
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

rookie314 wrote:quoted Bsuds, who said: As they race up the hwy at 30kmh over the limit.

No one from BC would ever do that!

There are only about 50 of us from BC left, so first you have to find one.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

steven lloyd wrote:They’re easy to spot. They know how to merge, change lanes and use signal lights.

They may know how to merge but yielding is foreign to them, as for them knowing how to change lanes, sitting in the left lane for miles on end doesn't count as changing lanes but as for Albertan's using their signals, yeah, no.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Look at the kettle calling the stove black. To point out that Albertans drive like that and ignoring the thousands of Kelowna drivers who do is bordering on moronic.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

dogspoiler wrote: ..., and lots of the drivers here came from Alberta.

Exactly right Steven.

You Kelowna people may think Alberta drivers are bad, but you've got it backwards. You all speed like you're on a race course. Alberta drivers get in your way because they're doing the speed limit.

I'm not saying I don't see the odd lunatic driver out here (then again, this city is 11 times the size of Kelowna), but at least i'm not reading about some old fart driving through a retail store wall in the paper every day.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Bsuds wrote:As they race up the hwy at 30kmh over the limit.

Unless they want to go 20kmh below the limit in which case they move into the left lane.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”