All these head-on collisions?

Home of the traffic rant.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: All these head-on collisions ?

Post by Dizzy1 »

GoStumpy wrote:Yeah right, this ain't the movies... Cars and trucks ain't crossing the center line when there's a barrier in place.

Physics has nothing to do with Hollywood ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbn3vnC3Sss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTPq0jEXuE

Truck hits barrier, shoots barrier into oncoming traffic ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoi6hDaWTo
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
tarasbulba
Fledgling

Re: All these head-on collisions?

Post by tarasbulba »

maybe, just maybe, people will get out of the left lane, that's why there so many head on's, if someone is distracted for a sec. It's easy to cross over, if you get distracted in the right lane , all you would do is maybe bounce off a vehicle beside you, but we have so many people sitting in the left lane now a days, which is actually the worst lane to be in. law in BC says keep right, except to pass, yet I see people panicking to get in that left lane, WHY, they'll come onto the highway and I'll see them cut others off just to get over there, where did this type of driving come from. In Alberta they have huge spaces between highways but even my daughter who lives there , says she sees lots of people in them. Get out of the left lane people
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

They should just get rid of left lanes altogether. Make highways that have multiple right hand lanes instead. Problem solved.
Your bias suits you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

tarasbulba wrote: where did this type of driving come from. In Alberta

That pretty much says it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
P_J_Manning

Post by P_J_Manning »

Woodenhead wrote:Those barriers just re-direct the impacting vehicle back into traffic. No head-ons, but just as many accidents. Plus it costs money. meh, just increase taxes. Plus the accidents they'll create just leads to more traffic snarls - can't just divert around if there's a concrete barricade in the way.

Yeah, because a car bouncing off the barrier, then hitting the side of a car going in the same direction is preferable to crossing into oncoming traffic at a combined speed of about 200k, and killing four innocent people in the car going the other way isn't it!

And if you think traffic is bad when there is a fender bender, just wait until you are sat in line up waiting for the coroner to clear a fatality.

As for taxes, a few hundred dollars out of your pocket to save even one life is worth it, let alone all the people who have died on that stretch of highway.

Woodenhead wrote: And don't worry about innocent bystanders getting hurt - that's just God doing His work.

If you truly believe that, then you'll have nothing to complain about when your loved ones get wiped out by a 92 YO who shouldn't be driving, or a 17 YO who's too busy texting to look where they are going.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”