Kelowna Speedway (Leathead Rd) Now Open

Home of the traffic rant.
Wes Neilly

Kelowna Speedway (Leathead Rd) Now Open

Post by Wes Neilly »

Freshly paved, no Traffic Police monitoring, no adherence to posted speed limit, Only fast acceleration vehicles
allowed with noisy or non existent exhaust permitted. Pedestrians step out of your way.. Kelowna City Council
and Kelowna RCMP condone Speedway as warned weeks ago, but inaction lends to open approval....
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna Speedway (Leathead Rd) Now Open

Post by Captain Awesome »

New pavement is nice.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

boo hoo new pavement and now its a speedway its the same road as before gimme a break
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Sorry, but exactly what has changed to make this a "speedway"?
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jun 22nd, 2014, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Its not any different than its been. I'm on it all the time.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

Dizzy1 wrote:Sorry, but exactly what has changed to make this a "speedway"?

I think the joke is that fresh blacktop is like catnip to motorcyclists. I don't know if it will matter on Leathead (straight, boring, controlled intersections) but I know when Dilworth was repaved (windy, hilly, no lights) the bikes were all over it fast and furious style.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Wes Neilly wrote:Freshly paved, no Traffic Police monitoring, no adherence to posted speed limit, Only fast acceleration vehicles
allowed with noisy or non existent exhaust permitted. Pedestrians step out of your way.. Kelowna City Council
and Kelowna RCMP condone Speedway as warned weeks ago, but inaction lends to open approval....

Better call the city and request speed bumps. Some nice big ones that will scratch everyone's bumpers.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Wes Neilly wrote: no Traffic Police monitoring, no adherence to posted speed limit, Only fast acceleration vehicles
allowed with noisy or non existent exhaust permitted. ...

I know this is about Leathead Road, but it applies to anywhere and everywhere in Kelowna, the noisy exhaust stands out more in Rutland though.

The real problem, there are no cops patrolling our streets!
So, it's the same old, same old.
The part that drives me crazy is the loud exhaust and the excessive accelleration in tight residential streets. There are many, many idiots driving around this valley, and nothing will change without proper traffic law enforcement.

Also, motorbikes love fresh asphalt, tires stick nicely, for quicker launches!
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

There is nothing special about Leathhead, nor this town or this province. Everyone thinks they've got it the worst in their backyard. If it bothers you that much walk outside and start calling in plates, the police do respond to these reports and often follow-up.

but inaction lends to open approval....

Quit squawkin and do something, maybe.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

Wes Neilly wrote:Freshly paved, no Traffic Police monitoring, no adherence to posted speed limit, Only fast acceleration vehicles

You live on or near this spot? Since when is "fast acceleration" illegal? As long as you do not go beyond the posted limit there is no law on how quickly I get to the limit. If new blacktop makes people drive quicker great, repave all the major roads in the valley I hate sitting in traffic.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”