Hey city, fix the stupid left-turn lights!

Home of the traffic rant.
truthmatters

Hey city, fix the stupid left-turn lights!

Post by truthmatters »

In the spirit of economic and environmental concerns, why doesn't the city fix the left-turn light on Springfield at Leckie?
Once the green arrow turns red, drivers are forced to sit there and wait for an entire cycle to turn left. Quite often there is no on-coming traffic and you are forced to just sit and wait... really??!!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: Hey City, fix the stupid Left-turn lights!

Post by Hmmm »

truthmatters wrote:In the spirit of economic and environmental concerns, why doesn't the city fix the left-turn light on Springfield at Leckie?
Once the green arrow turns red, drivers are forced to sit there and wait for an entire cycle to turn left. Quite often there is no on-coming traffic and you are forced to just sit and wait... really??!!

You could always check your facebook. Thats what most do.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think it used to be like that but there were too many accidents from people trying to get across in front of traffic.

(I think it's stupid too and avoid going that way)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Hey city, fix the stupid left-turn lights!

Post by dodgerdodge »

Shouldn't this be re named to "Hey City fix the stupid lights"

I know its start of summer but seriously heading towards the bridge from Kelowna at 3,30 you should not be backed up to almost Gordon. The freaking Richter/Ellis/Pandosy light sequence is just crazy. It should not be quicker to drive down Lawrence to Water st but it seems it is. Come on City this is a highway we should be moving traffic efficiently, most of us just want to get the hell out and back to the Westside.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Bsuds wrote:I think it used to be like that but there were too many accidents from people trying to get across in front of traffic.

(I think it's stupid too and avoid going that way)

There have never been a lot of collisions at that intersection.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”