Westbank Signal Lights

Home of the traffic rant.
logman
Übergod

Westbank Signal Lights

Post by logman »

Why oh why can they not fix the lights? Turning red at all hours of the day for no one at all!!!! The one at Elliot just bag it and use a stop sign for Elliot traffic. You can turn right on a red from that road to the hyw anyway. Apparently it takes 3 months to build a dam bus stop so at least fix the lights. The lights at Brown road are the same on both sides of the hyw. Complete waste of time and gas at all hours of the day. Busy weekend traffic stopping for no dam reason! This has been going on for months.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Westbank Signal Lights

Post by GordonH »

As I see it far to many traffic lights Hudson Rd to Gellatly Rd should have used underpasses instead.

Before you say anything the City of Kelowna was very poorly planned ahead, Hwy 97 (north of Vernon Hwy 97A) is main highway up & down this Valley. Within each of 3 main Cities their should have done off & on ramps so traffic lights would not be used or needed on Hwy97.
Nothing can be done now to change that in the 3 cities (Vernon, Kelowna & Penticton). It different story were development near the Hwy is not built up, the time is now to put in as many under or overpasses as possible for the future.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Westbank Signal Lights

Post by dodgerdodge »

I was thinking the same as we waited at the weekend for red lights at Elliot intersection yet there was no traffic on Elliot, plain crazy, and yes how long does it take to build a bus stop? Every stop that seems to have been constructed so far seems to have taken an age and most aren't finished yet.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”