Just another rhymes with 'whoosh' on a Harley

Home of the traffic rant.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Just another rhymes with 'whoosh' on a Harley

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Res ipsa loquitur.

http://vimeo.com
Last edited by Partmanpartfish on Aug 31st, 2014, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Just another rhymes with 'woosh' on a Harley

Post by dogspoiler »

You must be the proud owner of a brand new N if something like that bothers you. LOL.
Black Dogs Matter
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

vix iuxta de nihilo,

Just a normal day on the road.....why would it bother you? A pedestrian trying to beat traffic and save time by not using the crosswalk that was 100' down the street.....wasn't really that close to an accident and the pedestrian was a rhymes-with-boron.
You and 71 others Like this post
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It would have been a great video if he had dumped it and slid down the road on his butt.
Black Dogs Matter
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

I can't figure out why the rider is a *bleep*. The right lane merges into the left and he did so. How is it the riders fault that someone chose to jaywalk instead of walking to the crosswalk. Pretty lame attempt on your part to put blame on the Harley.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

1. The footage was shot on a cam with a fisheye lens. Perspectives are altered. Speeds are higher and objects are closer than they appear and all that jazz. I was going just under 60; the dip**** on the Harley was going closer to 80. That's why the woman pedestrian was scared. Duh.

2. The woman pedestrian wasn't doing anything wrong. There is no law that states one must cross a street at a crosswalk. It was early Saturday morning, traffic was light and she wouldn't have impeded any traffic running close to the speed limit. The speeding dip**** on the Harley caught her by surprise.

3. Here is the same Alberta dip**** on a Harley down the street blasting through the crosswalk by Mission Park. Perhaps some of you can defend him some more.

https://vimeo.com/
Last edited by Partmanpartfish on Aug 31st, 2014, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

So jaywalking isn't a thing? I think a lot of people need to get reimbursed for tickets they have gotten then.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Fish. You have a major hate on for Harleys or Albertans? No way the dude was doing 80 in the first video and the woman was jaywalking (not that that makes her a target but maybe speeding up to get past you and into the left lane in order to avoid her was the right move?) and in the second he drives through an intersection showing a green light, whats the problem? You are stretching a bit here. Keep recording and I am sure you will get something good eventually.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

That's some amazing analysis, Steve. You realize the camera's velocity was 60, so of course there is no way the the bike was going 80 relative to the camera. It's going to look like the bike was traveling a whole 20.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I tend to agree with PMPF, the guy on the bike was a typical motorbike asshat.

They may not all drive like that but enough of them do to give them a bad name.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Just another rhymes with 'whoosh' on a Harley

Post by LANDM »

Another much ado about nothing.
People drive like this all the time, harley or not. That move is one more favoured by the crotch rocket types but it really isn't worth getting your panties in a knot. 7 seconds of someone making a stupid move.
Nowhere near as stupid as the lady in the previous video who jaywalked and could have been hit.

exierat iam vox properata ex
You and 71 others Like this post
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Fine Fish. Two short vids of a dude on bike doing what dudes on bikes do. Keep rolling your camera and I'm sure you will get something the rest of us can shake our heads at. Out.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Oxl3y wrote:So jaywalking isn't a thing? I think a lot of people need to get reimbursed for tickets they have gotten then.

Nope. Not illegal. Some cities may have bylaws against it, but not Kelowna. I'm not sure which tickets these people need to get reimbursed for.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I would say that the guy on the bike drives like a bit of a door knob.

I'd have to watch his driving for a little longer in order for my opinion to arrive at the "*bleep*" level.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So he passed a car, came up on a jaywalker and was able to quickly maneuver around them. They are lucky that wasn't a truck.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”