Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Home of the traffic rant.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Post by mexi cali »

Evidence of a marked lack of courtesy is all around us all the time. You always have two choices. You can get all worked up and freak out until you can hear the blood rushing through your veins trying to find a way out (my way for years) or you can slide down a bit in the seat, open the sun roof and gaze at the sky or turn on some calming music.

I hate that the level of discourtesy demonstrated virtually every minute of every day is on the grow and I have decided that life really is too short.

But for the record, move your freakin car when ur done. Have your wallet open and ready BEFORE you get to the till. Don't ever count through change at the checkout. 15 means 15. The next person in line is the one who would actually be next. Illegally parking in a handicap stall "just for a minute" should be punishable by time in the stock and pillory. Pick up after your dog means just that. Single file means not side by side. The bike lane is for bikes and straight pipes on motor bikes are not cool.

Please, feel free to add to the list.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Nibs wrote:
The guy you had the run in with was way out of line, but had you moved off the pump, he would have had no cause.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 12th, 2014, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic remark.
MattJ
Fledgling

Post by MattJ »

The other night, I had to stop for fuel on my way home from work. I pulled to the pump behind a lady who was filling her car. I paid at the pump, and filled my truck. I saw the woman go inside, so I figured she was getting her change. I finished filling, got my receipt and got back into my truck. I look inside the store and see her walking to the till with 2 jugs of milk. I patiently wait, then notice her fishing in her purse. After about another minute, I go inside, and she has a STACK of lottery tickets she is having checked. Now I'm stuck at the pump, and starving, while trying to get home for dinner. All of you who think this is an ok thing to do need to get your head checked.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I often have to "leave" my car at the pump. Mine takes diesel and not every station carries it. Of those who do, many of them don't accept payment at the pump (either the old style with no ability to pay at pump, or the pump doesn't accept my fleet card). It's actually quite often that I have to go inside to pay. Only when I return to my car and then begin to pump my fuel does anyone realize I wasn't going inside to buy chips and a vanilla cappuccino.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Man people need to relax and let 3-4 minutes slip by without losing the poop once in a while. I'm as impatient as they come, but I know it and force myself to relax and chill. Too much anxiety will kill yah, breathe people, breathe.

Impatience, anger and self-importance are all bigger problems on this planet than some lady taking a few minutes to check her lottery tickets.

Blow your turn at a 4-way stop and it's on like Donkey Kong though bub.
On a different forum

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”