Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Home of the traffic rant.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Post by I Think »

You must be pretty inconsiderate to leave your car blocking the gas pump while you shop in the convenience store.
If you are done fueling move your car so that others can use the pump. Truckers do it routinely, it is easy and polite.
We're lost but we're making good time.
matai
Banned

Re: Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Post by matai »

Nibs wrote:You must be pretty inconsiderate to leave your car blocking the gas pump while you shop in the convenience store.
If you are done fueling move your car so that others can use the pump. Truckers do it routinely, it is easy and polite.

Euh no. As you said, it's a convenience store, not s grocery store. Should be fairly quick. My vehicle will stay at the pump thank you.

And for YOUR royal convenience... just put more fuel in yours, that way you'll visit the gas pump less often.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

matai wrote:
Euh no. As you said, it's a convenience store, not s grocery store. Should be fairly quick. My vehicle will stay at the pump thank you.

And for YOUR royal convenience... just put more fuel in yours, that way you'll visit the gas pump less often.

Most people are quicker in grocery than some of you dolts in a convenience store ... playing musical slurpee flavours and doing your group lotto potlrtfolios. Is it really that difficult to pull your car up to a parking stall before going in and filling your cart with Gatorade and Doritos? Ah, who am I kidding? Common sense and courtesy has gone the same place most brains have.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

matai wrote:Euh no. As you said, it's a convenience store, not s grocery store. Should be fairly quick. My vehicle will stay at the pump thank you.

Thanks for the confirmation!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

*Eyes rolling*. Of course, if you intend to spend 1/2 hour inside, then YES, move your friggin car, but if *I* go in, i know im quick, my fat vehicle will stay at the pump. Aneways, youd have to wait if i decide to pay for my fuel inside before i fill in. So really, whats the difference eh?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, makes you feel good to complaint about nothjng. Thanks for the confirmation.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

matai wrote:*Eyes rolling*. Of course, if you intend to spend 1/2 hour inside, then YES, move your friggin car, but if *I* go in, i know im quick, my fat vehicle will stay at the pump.

If the station isn't really that busy that's one thing, but if there are line ups trying to get to the pumps, move your bloody car even if you're just gonna run in to get a coffee.
matai wrote:Aneways, youd have to wait if i decide to pay for my fuel inside before i fill in. So really, whats the difference eh?

The difference is that with one you don't have a choice and the other you do.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

It is much better to pay at the pump; that way, no one assumes that one is shopping while really just waiting in line to prepay. It goes without saying that going in & dawdling after fuelling-up, is inconsiderate, but people are becoming more selfish by the day.

People are also less patient.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

I park my diesel truck at the gas pump because there isn't a big enough spot otherwise. I buy my donut and leave.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

BoB76 wrote:I park my diesel truck at the gas pump because there isn't a big enough spot otherwise. I buy my donut and leave.

Gas pumps aren't parking stalls ... they're there for people to put fuel in their vehicle. Go park elsewhere, an' if yer 4x4 don't fit, go elsewhere fir yer coffee an' donut.

Its just as sad as the people with a cart full of groceries going to the 25 item or less self checkout but they break it all down to try and justify their ignorance.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jul 20th, 2014, 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Given the gas prices, it's the most expensive parking lot in the city!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Easy to see who is considerate and who is a selfish dimblewit.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

A man in a large truck once tried to pull me out of my vehicle and threw punches at me for "getting a coffee and gas" in the Esso at Spall and Harvey. I wonder if the poster who started the thread or his friends that agree was the guy trying to assault me becuase he had to wait 5 minutes for gas for his luxury truck.

Nice little police incident. Now I pack bearspray in my car for bears that want gas NOW.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

If a gas station is busy it would be lovely if people would use some common sense and move their vehicle before going into the store. It would also be nice if gas stations would do something about the people just sitting there holding up other customers. I have had to wait for some dill hole to finish his cell convo before he'd move. The place was packed and it wasn't just a matter of finding another pump. I won't go to the station at KLO and Benvolin anymore because of this issue.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Atomoa wrote:A man in a large truck once tried to pull me out of my vehicle and threw punches at me for "getting a coffee and gas" in the Esso at Spall and Harvey. I wonder if the poster who started the thread or his friends that agree was the guy trying to assault me because he had to wait 5 minutes for gas for his luxury truck.

Nice little police incident. Now I pack bear spray in my car for bears that want gas NOW.

The guy you had the run in with was way out of line, but had you moved off the pump, he would have had no cause.

Last summer I saw a guy pick up the gas nozzle, holding it while talking on the phone, he kept it until the station owner came out and told him to get on with it, he was filling a jerry jug and deliberately tying up the only pump while four of us were waiting.
Semi drivers almost always pull away from the pump while they take care of paying for their fuel, why can't we?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Nibs wrote:The guy you had the run in with was way out of line, but had you moved off the pump, he would have had no cause.

Cause?

You cannot suggest the man who tried to assault me for getting gas AND cup of coffee was "way out of line" and then continue to justify his actions.

If he didn't want to wait 5 minutes (I had to go into pay with cash anyways) he could have went to one of the 40 or so other service stations around town. But that's the whole point - his time was worth so much more than mine, he figured he could violently harm me for "getting in his way" and you can apparently "sort of" relate.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”