Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Home of the traffic rant.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Dimblewitts parking at the pump.

Post by dodgerdodge »

matai wrote:
Euh no. As you said, it's a convenience store, not s grocery store. Should be fairly quick. My vehicle will stay at the pump thank you.

And for YOUR royal convenience... just put more fuel in yours, that way you'll visit the gas pump less often.

Clearly this is the problem, attitudes like the above go a long way to prove the point that some people are plain ignorant to whats going on around them and will do as they like because its all about them!

Maybe, just maybe it is a quick visit to grab a coffee but wait, there's a line up and guy at front is fumbling for change, then he wants a lottery ticket checked and its a winner so he wants another then a packet of cigarettes but he is short of 25c and so on and then just when you are actually finished paying for your "quick coffee" you bump into an old mate and start chatting yada yada. This is the kind of stuff that happens and while all this is happening someone is sitting patiently behind your friggin vehicle so they can fill up and get to work.
It gets worse when you need diesel and there is only the one pump that you can use and that sells gas too so you have no option but to wait.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Is there a shortage of gas stations in town?

"I need to fill up and get to work - be considerate!"

Or, you could drive a block and find a less busy location.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Well if the pumps are gas only then tell the people who use the squeezee to clean every window and their side mirrors to move it or lose it. And the ones who can't figure out how to pay at the pump using a credit card - so the staff are summoned. And then one of their booger eaters needs to pee, so they have to be unstrapped from the car seat, and then the extra paper towels to clean up the mess from the dog.
Yet another K Town problem. Maybe the police can issue a warning - I know that will work hot damn keeping the gangsters away during COG.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

normaM wrote:Yet another K Town problem.

I love how some of you think "K Town" is in the center of the universe or something. Like no one else anywhere in the world doesn't gripe about the same thing ... sheesh.

Working in and around your car doing your windows, adding some oil, cleaning out a bit of garbage is one thing, but going in to use the ATM to do a bunch of personal banking while the line up for the pump behind you is inconsiderate, plain and simple.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Atomoa wrote:Or, you could drive a block and find a less busy location.

Better yet, you can use the fueling station for what it was intended for and use a parking stall for what in was intended for. Oh wait, that might require the use of some brain functions.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Nibs wrote:...Semi drivers almost always pull away from the pump while they take care of paying for their fuel, why can't we?

Have you not recently pumped your own fuel?

We have Grant's Law that has made it so fuel must be prepaid. So we can not pull away from the pump while we take care of paying. We can't exactly park, and then pay for our fuel by guessing which pump will be free by the time we will get back to our cars and to the pumps.

Not everyone pays at the pump, so I suggest that folks leave themselves plenty of time to get gas so that they don't have to fret so much about waiting an extra three minutes to fill up.

Manage your time well and exercise patience, and there will be no reason to get antsy.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Center of the universe LOL hardly
I call it lots of things, not that.
And no, I have not seen people complaining about this subject before in any of the large urban areas I've lived in
Town suits here
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Its not about managing your time though its about ignorant people who don't give a damn. Last week i was filling at the only free pump at the new Shell station in the new Okanagan shopping centre place by the new overpass in West Kelowna. The lady across from me was doing all her windows and a truck and trailer pulled in behind her but turns out she hadn't even started the filling process, in fact she hadn't even gone in to pre pay yet!! He then moved once he realised she was camped down for the morning.

In the same filling station my partner went in to get coffee and ended up in a line up while the cashier was chatting to her friends at the till and it seems that at least 2 of them had cars at the pump. I had moved off the pump so someone else could fill up.
Its called courtesy.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

cant believe im really reading this must suck having these first world problems, yikes!!!!!!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Dizzy1 wrote:Better yet, you can use the fueling station for what it was intended for and use a parking stall for what in was intended for. Oh wait, that might require the use of some brain functions.

Ah yes, justification of violence PLUS insults all because someone thinks their time is more important than mine, and you agree.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

kgcayenne wrote:leave themselves plenty of time to get gas so that they don't have to fret so much about waiting an extra three minutes to fill up.

Made me lol KC, thanks.

"Oh the humanity"

- Buckminster Fuller
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Atomoa wrote:Ah yes, justification of violence PLUS insults all because someone thinks their time is more important than mine, and you agree.

Justification of violence? What the hell are you talking about?

When you drive up to the gas station, fill up your car. If you have more business to do inside the store such as banking, grabbing a burger from White Spot, trying to figure out what scratch and win tickets to buy. Move your car up and use a parking stall. Its a simple act of common sense and courtesy just like holding a door open for someone.
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

LTD wrote:cant believe im really reading this must suck having these first world problems, yikes!!!!!!

We'll not sure if you noticed but this Canada and we are a first world country. I am guessing the people fighting against the common sense of this topic are guilty of this not to mention probably the same people that don't have the consideration to move up after using a drive thru bank machine to start screwing around with their wallets. It comes down to having consideration to others and using common sense when out in public.
kgcaynne, who are you to determine what 3 minutes is to someone? There is always someone on here saying oh, it's only a few minutes of your time to wait for this and that. By the end of the day it tends to be a lot of minutes when it would simply take a person to be considerate of those around them and not act like they are always superior. I digress, it will never happen.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Pookybear wrote:kgcaynne, who are you to determine what 3 minutes is to someone? There is always someone on here saying oh, it's only a few minutes of your time to wait for this and that. By the end of the day it tends to be a lot of minutes when it would simply take a person to be considerate of those around them and not act like they are always superior. I digress, it will never happen.

I was a chronic road-rager for a number of years. It took a lot of work to get over it, and learn to use my time better so I'm not leaving every cotton pickin little thing to the last possible minute.

There are two sides to the coin.

It's simply a different perspective; you don't like it. That's okay.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

matai wrote:Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, makes you feel good to complaint about nothjng.

I'm guessing you see absolutely nothing ironic in that statement whatsoever.

On topic, I was fueling at the Super Store pumps yesterday, and some dolt was leaning on the horn simply because the rest of us were patiently waiting our turn to pull up to the pumps, with nowhere to go until the next person left.

Not sure what he figured he was going to accomplish, or why he felt he was more important than the dozen drivers that got there ahead of him.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”