The Stupidest People on Earth

Home of the traffic rant.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

The Stupidest People on Earth

Post by Partmanpartfish »

B.C. 'coal rollers' say they're not out to get environmentalists

A group of diesel truck enthusiasts in British Columbia insists their only goal is “higher horsepower,” despite sharing a name with American motorists whose primary aim appears to be flouting environmental regulations.

Coal rolling groups are popping up across the country. “Rolling coal” refers to the practice where diesel truck owners rev their engines to full power in order to spew thick, black smoke from their exhausts. Many truck owners who like to roll coal have modified their vehicles to maximize the effects, and even installed smoke switches so they can do it on demand.

But a growing number of videos posted to YouTube and Tumblr showing coal rollers blowing the smoke at passing Prius drivers and cyclists is giving the practice a bad rep.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-coal-r ... -1.1916039
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Stupidest People on Earth

Post by Dizzy1 »

Should be a finable offence as far as I'm concerned. Diesel exhaust is dangerous to inhale, there is no question about that. And these azzhatz are purposely filling lungs with it. Its one thing to have a bit off soot come out of a diesel, but to purposely blow a cloud at others is disgusting ... period.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the performance and enthusiasm people have towards their vehicles, that's awesome and great ... its the intentional spewing of soot that pisses me off, and there are enough of these yahoos around here that do it just as there are in the US.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

At one time you could drive around with your windows down, now with more & more of these diesel pickups you can't unless you don't mind breath in puffs of black smoke.

In my opinion they should be treated the same as transport trucks & city buses, exhaust pipes should raised so exhaust goes upward. On this same subject tour buses & Greyhound buses should be forced to do the same as city buses exhaust upwards. Its sucks at traffic then one of these vehicle guns it leave you to breath in that crap.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:At one time you could drive around with your windows down, now with more & more of these diesel pickups you can't unless you don't mind breath in puffs of black smoke.

I don't mind the puffs of a diesel, its the plumes that last for minutes that really need to be enforced.
GordonH wrote:In my opinion they should be treated the same as transport trucks & city buses, exhaust pipes should raised so exhaust goes upward. On this same subject tour buses & Greyhound buses should be forced to do the same as city buses exhaust upwards. Its sucks at traffic then one of these vehicle guns it leave you to breath in that crap.

Not all City buses have top exhausts ... the Darts in Vernon have standard tail pipes ;) But I do agree, makes more sense to get it as far away from nose level as possible.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I do believe exhaust fumes are heavier than air so where the pipes end will have little bearing on it.
If there is no wind to dissipate the fumes you will get them no matter what.

Having said that these people who do this should be heavily fined and maybe even lose their vehicles for awhile.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Partmanpartfish wrote:But a growing number of videos posted to YouTube and Tumblr showing coal rollers blowing the smoke at passing Prius drivers and cyclists is giving the practice a bad rep.

Can we get some of these guys up in SE Kelowna, some of those 3 - infinite abreast cyclists could use this as reminder of the road bylaws they ignore daily.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

That's a great pic lol
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

that would be great for *bleep* with stupid loud harleys
Volkh

Post by Volkh »

Why not settle for adding oil to the exhaust? Big (white) cloud. Panzer tank crews often did that to make smoke screens.
Volkh

Post by Volkh »

Diesel, not oil.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Not to mention but it could also be dangerous from a visibility perspective. You could get lost in that smoke in a smaller car or on a bike.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”