Lights at Gordon and Steele

Home of the traffic rant.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Lights at Gordon and Steele

Post by Always Sunny »

I might be a little behind as I was in Ottawa last week.

But traffic lights at Gordon and Steele? Dang, I know things are getting developed with The Ponds and everything but I'm not really looking forward to this.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Lights at Gordon and Steele

Post by dodgerdodge »

Really? I haven't been that way for a while but i guess its getting busy up there so in true Kelowna fashion lets solve the issue with lights rather than a roundabout maybe or perhaps as it was all recently upgraded an underpass.
Another intersection with new lights is Gordon/Meadow Rd where they are building the new "Brighton" houses, again add yet more homes, create yet more traffic and add yet more lights!!!!!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Unfortunately it's still a pretty significant incline at this section, so I'm not sure if/how a round-about would work out there.

Turning right off Gordon onto the "old" part of Steele isn't much of an issue, neither is turning right from the new part of Steele to head down Gordon towards the Lower Mission. The only thing I see as being a bit dangerous is that there is currently no dedicated left-turn lane off Gordon...but you'd figure that would be something that could have been addressed as they've been working on that whole area the last 2 years I've been up here.
Last edited by Always Sunny on Jul 26th, 2014, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

That is ridiculous.

If someone wants a easy seat on city council they should just run under the slogan :

"The number of stoplights in Kelowna is too damn high".

Landslide victory.

I'd love to see a study investigating how stalled local traffic patterns / bad stoplights effect the local "business friendly" economy. Enterprise is a parking lot every single day, which happens to be the main strips business access artery. That slows everyone down and means you get less done in a day.

We let all these developments and stores come in and plop traffic lights around them. Every community. Every big box store. All for the greater good of the local economy, meanwhile nobody can drive a block without stopping for 25 seconds.

Customers "stay at home" because traffic sucks in town. Deliveries take longer. More stress overall. It's not "just a stoplight".
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”