Some people!?

Home of the traffic rant.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Some people!?

Post by gordon_as »

So , on my way home from work today at 3:15 I come across a car stopped halfway out into the intersection. The 4 way flashers are on , and the drivers door is partially open. Pretty obvious to me that there was some kind of problem. The driver is a very young girl ( looks 15 ) . I pulled around her , parked across the street , and walked back to see if I could help. Meanwhile several other cars manouvered through the intersection. Every one of them was a jerk. One blew their horn , a couple swore at her , and a few more screamed at her to get off her phone. Yes , she was on the phone , calling for help.
danmartin
Board Meister

Re: Some people ! ?

Post by danmartin »

Good on you Gord! Hope you managed to help her out and shame on the idiots who where useless. Most of us have been in need of help at one time or another and the young driver was probably already stressed and not needing honking horns etc. Hopefully you are just showing your age when you said she looked 15!!!
Last edited by danmartin on Aug 28th, 2014, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bleach
Fledgling

Post by Bleach »

a similar thing happen to me, I was coming back from windfield to kelowna and there was an accidence on the HWY. traffic was moving very slow, there where a few cars on the fast lane, that needed to merge so I let them in but didn't stop moving. (30km/h apporx, I slowed to 20km/h.) then the bind old bat in the van behind me lays on the horn, you know what there are cops there, traffic being redirected flashing lights. it's obvious that you should be going slower.

After 30 sec of hearing the horn, and one more person needing to merge, into the lane I simply stopped.(5 sec tops.)
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Bleach wrote:a similar thing happen to me, I was coming back from windfield to kelowna and there was an accidence on the HWY. traffic was moving very slow, there where a few cars on the fast lane, that needed to merge so I let them in but didn't stop moving. (30km/h apporx, I slowed to 20km/h.) then the bind old bat in the van behind me lays on the horn, you know what there are cops there, traffic being redirected flashing lights. it's obvious that you should be going slower.

After 30 sec of hearing the horn, and one more person needing to merge, into the lane I simply stopped.(5 sec tops.)

to me that's a completely different issue than the OP was aluding to
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Some people!?

Post by fvkasm2x »

My wife went to the gas station today. It was really busy and cramped. All the pumps were full and. She was behind a guy waiting when 2 cars pulled out at the same time from the same side. This guy and my wife were going into the only 2 available spots, pumps together in the same row.

He stopped at the first one, leaving the one in front of him empty. As he got out, my wife rolled down her window and asked him politely if he could move forward so she could use the pump also. He said "No. Just wait your turn."

Confused, she said "But the other one is empty. Can't you just move up so I can use it also. Otherwise I have to go around everyone, then back into the pump because my tank is on this side."

He scowled and said "I don't have to do *bleep* *bleep* for you."

People have no manners today.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

That would have beem a great time for a pedal confusion "accident"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Nah, with asshats like that you pull into the empty pump in front of him and then take your time. When he's finished and wants to leave he can't go forward because you're at the pump and I'm sure there would be cars lined up behind him blocking him from reversing and making a quick getaway.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

oneh2obabe wrote:Nah, with asshats like that you pull into the empty pump in front of him and then take your time. When he's finished and wants to leave he can't go forward because you're at the pump and I'm sure there would be cars lined up behind him blocking him from reversing and making a quick getaway.

LOL was that a work around word?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

oneh2obabe wrote:Nah, with asshats like that you pull into the empty pump in front of him and then take your time. When he's finished and wants to leave he can't go forward because you're at the pump and I'm sure there would be cars lined up behind him blocking him from reversing and making a quick getaway.

Don't forget to go into the store and see what you might want. Ask questions, compare pricing and by all means stay at the pump.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”