Wrong way on highway

Home of the traffic rant.
matai
Banned

Wrong way on highway

Post by matai »

3 wild and pleasurable nights ago, at around 9pm (it was dark outside), i took the northbound turnoff from h97 onto the connector.

At my biggest surprise. . Well actually I dunno why, thinking about it I'm not even surprised.. as I was negociating the curve to merge onto the connector, a car was coming towards me.

I was like *bleep*... Just had time to really slow down and pass beside him as he made his way onto the wrong side of H97. I had time to see it was an old fart driving, looked confused as hell.... then I re-Wtf myself wondering how long he's been driving on the wrong side since the next entrance is Trepanier, a couple kilometers down the road.

Has this ever happened to you? (I wish I had a dashcam dammit).
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Wrong way on highway

Post by Captain Awesome »

Saw a car driving against the traffic at Reid's corner once.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Happened to me in Kamloops on Lansdown Street. I just assumed the guy was from Quebec, and didn't know any better.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Glacier wrote:Happened to me in Kamloops on Lansdown Street. I just assumed the guy was from Quebec, and didn't know any better.

Could have simply come from Kelowna too ;-)
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Same thing, but just past Merritt headed towards Vancouver. Drawing a blank on the road name, but it was something like 12km out of Merritt where you'd have any sort of chance to get spun around like that.

Craziest part was this old dude was towing a U-Haul trailer. Just moseying down the fast lane, which to him was the opposing lane to mine, not a care in the world.
oko11
Fledgling

Post by oko11 »

I saw a car parked on the road facing the wrong direction once

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”