Ban IMPARK

Home of the traffic rant.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ban IMPARK

Post by kgcayenne »

Yes, I suppose so! I'd have deserved it too.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Not Bob »

Just curious, do city of Kelowna employees get free parking on the lot beside city hall?
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Monsterdriver wrote:I have never been ticketed by them, but I have heard friends remark that they are like the mafia. Have never heard a good thing about them, and that is in comparison to other ticketing agencies, not because someone got a ticket.

Funny you should say that. When I was in my early 20s I got a ticket from them. Threw the ticket away and forgot about it. A few months down the road I started getting the collection calls, I kept dismissing the "we will ruin your credit rating!" etc, until finally I agreed to send them a cheque. I didn't send the cheque and got a phone call a few weeks later with some guy putting on his best tough guy accent with a "you've broken promises to us" Oh no! They are sending the hired goons!
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Well, you might be getting more tickets from Impark if you're not good, because it looks like our pro-business council sold us out.

In South Pandosy where there is now on-street paid parking, the parking kiosks are the type by which you pay and enter your licence plate number. Impark vehicles are cruising the area with their plate scanners.

Careful, our wonderful pro-business council has made both parking and tickets very expensive.

Thanks Wally! Thanks Colin!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It was the business owners that lobbied for limited on street parking. They were losing business with people parking all day and no where for their customers to park.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

I hope those business owners didn't lobby for Impark to be the enforcer.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don't know who else would be doing it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wonder why they need the licence plate # for a parking on the street.

What do they think if you have not used up the time the driver will pass it on to next person parking. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

GordonH wrote:Wonder why they need the licence plate # for a parking on the street.

What do they think if you have not used up the time the driver will pass it on to next person parking. lol

Because the cameras mounted on Impark vehicles can scan thousands of plates per hour and issue really expensive tickets to plates not registered in the parking kiosks or paid parkers who are late.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

GordonH wrote:Wonder why they need the licence plate # for a parking on the street.

But once paid the time is supposedly good for any other city parking space according to the signs. So i guess you could buy an hour use 20 minutes in Pandosy then get the remainder downtown somewhere.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I must be missing something. Impark manages parking lots, so why exactly would be ban them? And from what?

Impark doesn't create paid parking, the property owner or their agent does. I'm having a tough time figuring out what the complaining is about. Does it have to do with receiving a ticket on your car for not paying for parking? Then you deserve one, like pretty much any other case of taking something that you feel you're entitled to but you're not.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've received a ticket and had no problems with anyone. I don't get it either.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”