Questions for local sports car guys?

Home of the traffic rant.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Questions for local sports car guys ?

Post by Frisk »

GoStumpy wrote:Obvious answer that gets me ousted is WESTSIDE ROAD!!! lol

GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Good times will likely be encountered
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

Dented wrote:just animals whocares.

Aside from your lack of caring, your inability to even comprehend who might care, or why they might care, speaks volumes to your mentality. That sort of self-indictment is far more damning than anything I could say.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

XT225 wrote:Slightly different subject but still on topic re the thread....how do these new rules re M&S tires affect local sport cars? (I don't own one, so don't know what kind of tires most folks run, but I wouldn't think that cars like Corvettes or Porsches would be driven much in winter, thus do they still make summer only type tires? Saw on the news today where the Govt will overlook the M&S rule for motorcycles but not sure about sports cars.

I wondered this too. The supposed new rules mean winter "designated" tires must be used pretty much throughout the Okanagan on all major highways from Oct 1st, yet we have had some spectacular weather recently and many "summer" cars are still out there enjoying the weather. In previous years only high mountain passes were a must for winters so anyone could still drive their corvette or Porsche in the valley bottom with their summers on.
Copied from Castanet article:
For the first time in years, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has tightened their rules regarding which roads require either the winter mountain/snowflake symbol or the mud and snow (M+S) tires through the winter, and it includes highways in the Okanagan.
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

GoStumpy wrote:The problem is not testing, the problem lies in teaching!

Parents that teach these skills produce better drivers. Parents that teach just enough to pass the test don't. Those parents should send their kids to driver training programs. I was fortunate enough to be taught by a former race-car driver, so I know more than just the rules of the road....

You two are talking about the same problem - testing and teaching are reinforcing of each other. Arguably testing is the more important and influential. Many will always put in minimal effort, and be satisfied if the end-reward is exactly the same.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Dented wrote:just animals whocares.

You might if you survived a deer coming through the windshield.
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Not a pretty sight.

A friend hit a deer and it totalled his car and almost killed him. If he hadn't ducked it would have.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Trick is, duck.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Westside road, never go above 3rd gear.
2nd gear on the corners, hammer third on the straights.
That is such a beauty burn.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Or doing Knox Mountain when you hand your passenger a helmet.
Play on that road at speed and let me know how it works for ya.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Problem with Knox Mountain is, everyone in the North End can hear you hammer on it :)
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

problem with knox mountain is theres speed bumps every few hundred meters. Not to mention a ton of foot, and vehicular traffic
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

brounal wrote:Where I am from back in Saskatchewan it was very easy to find flat level roads with very low traffic especially on Sunday mornings. But here seems to be a lot harder to find roads like that.

Never going to find any nice RR's or TWP's around K-Ville
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Try the road off the connector to Princeton and then the back road from Princeton to Summerland... enjoy!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

dodgerdodge wrote:I wondered this too. The supposed new rules mean winter "designated" tires must be used pretty much throughout the Okanagan on all major highways from Oct 1st, yet we have had some spectacular weather recently and many "summer" cars are still out there enjoying the weather. In previous years only high mountain passes were a must for winters so anyone could still drive their corvette or Porsche in the valley bottom with their summers on.
Copied from Castanet article:
For the first time in years, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has tightened their rules regarding which roads require either the winter mountain/snowflake symbol or the mud and snow (M+S) tires through the winter, and it includes highways in the Okanagan.

It is my understanding that "Winter" tires have a mountain/snowflake and most "All Season" tires have M+S so I would say All seasons are fine for driving up and down the valley and use Winters if you have to go over any mountain passes. I'd say one of the most important thing stated by the ministry is the tread depth of 3.5mm deep in either tire type.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”