Questions for local sports car guys?

Home of the traffic rant.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Re: Questions for local sports car guys ?

Post by hozzle »

Oh, brounal, depending on your disposable income a private race track may be paving it's track in Oliver this upcoming spring.
http://www.area27.ca/
It's like getting a really expensive golf membership, lol.
I also heard one of the members has a Mclaren P1.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

featfan wrote:Westside road, never go above 3rd gear.
2nd gear on the corners, hammer third on the straights.
That is such a beauty burn.

Sadly people like you will end up killing a innocent person!! If you want a thrill do it where you won't involve anyone else.

Try sky diving..

Thanks!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Hey at least he is not using 4th and 5th gear.....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

hozzle wrote:It is my understanding that "Winter" tires have a mountain/snowflake and most "All Season" tires have M+S so I would say All seasons are fine for driving up and down the valley and use Winters if you have to go over any mountain passes. I'd say one of the most important thing stated by the ministry is the tread depth of 3.5mm deep in either tire type.

Yes but that doesn't answer my question. Who has winter or all season tires on their "summer" sports car? Probably very very few, after all its a performance sports machine meant for summer driving but many of these machines are still out there since the weather is so good. Technically these drivers are not adhering to the rules but would the RCMP really be too worried given current conditions in the valley bottom?
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

dodgerdodge wrote:Yes but that doesn't answer my question. Who has winter or all season tires on their "summer" sports car? Probably very very few, after all its a performance sports machine meant for summer driving but many of these machines are still out there since the weather is so good. Technically these drivers are not adhering to the rules but would the RCMP really be too worried given current conditions in the valley bottom?

I hear ya... just clearifying that All Seasons work in the valley, that's all :)
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

have you tried the run over to the Aspen Grove cut off and the drive to Princeton?
You can also enjoy a run to Kamloops via Falkland and then come down the back road to Merritt...
Or take a circle run through the Kootenays.... there are lots of great cruises and this time of year with the tops out is spectacular..... or Hwy 33 to Rock creek and back...
just stick to the secondary roads instead of the main hwys as much as you can....
and yup westside road is still a great day out!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

brounal wrote:I have several sports cars and have a few questions. I am looking for a few places where I can "exercise" my cars. Wink wink say no more..

I am mostly interested in some nice curvy scenic roads but also would like the location of a few straight and level roads. The less traffic on these roads the better. Also should be good condition roads paved of course, double lane is even better .
And for the straight level roads should be at least 1/8 to 1/4 mile long.

I may want to run a few performance tests on my vehicles on the straight level road.

Would appreciate if some of you car guys would private message me with some good possible locations.
Where I am from back in Saskatchewan it was very easy to find flat level roads with very low traffic especially on Sunday mornings. But here seems to be a lot harder to find roads like that.

Damn these mountains here anyway, lol.
As much younger driver there was not as much traffic on the back roads in Shuswap/North Okanagan, so one could get away with a little.
Now there appears to be traffic everywhere, it been long time since I could travel those same backroads and not have a lot of other traffic. i.e Vernon to Salmon Arm via Silver Creek.

Added: Today its safer to go to race track if you want to see what your car can really do. Its shame the few tracks in the area would not open up just so those who want to could.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”