Rumble Strips

Home of the traffic rant.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Rumble Strips

Post by Fancy »

zzontar wrote:I guess that means 70% must hear the noise, but even that many lives saved wouldn't even be worth it if you had to deal with the discomfort of earplugs.
Wouldn't know - don't live there. Do know there's a fair amount of traffic going through that area. You posted a US site - are you sure it's the same rumble strips?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fancy wrote:Wouldn't know - don't live there. Do know there's a fair amount of traffic going through that area. You posted a US site - are you sure it's the same rumble strips?

I don't know Fancy, maybe the ones we use only save 60% from crashing... look it up if you miss the point and would rather know the exact composition of the strips.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Didn't say I wanted to know - you're the one that posted the link.
If 100 cars end up on the rumble strips and 70 are saved from an accident, the thousands of cars going by wouldn't be making a noise. Need better statistics.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Also check out the responses given when I asked the exact same question on the Lake Country forum - thread about parkway
started here http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=52582&hilit=rumble&start=75
Last edited by omisimaw on Oct 22nd, 2014, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fancy wrote:Didn't say I wanted to know

Oh right, you didn't say you wanted to know, you just asked a question because but didn't want an answer... riiiiiiiight....
are you sure it's the same rumble strips?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

zzontar wrote:Oh right, you didn't say you wanted to know, you just asked a question because but didn't want an answer... riiiiiiiight....

Do you actually read my posts? Because you missed what I said by a mile. I asked if they were the same - could care less about their composition.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

omisimaw wrote:Also check out the responses given when I asked the exact same question on the Lake Country forum - thread about parkway
started here http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=52582&hilit=rumble&start=75

Interesting. Don't recall hearing what they sound like from outside a vehicle but wonder if people are driving on the shoulder on a regular basis to make that much noise.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fancy wrote:Do you actually read my posts? Because you missed what I said by a mile. I asked if they were the same - could care less about their composition.

... where I replied I don't know followed by you saying you don't want to know... makes sense now... riiiiiiiiiight...
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Did you really miss the point about how whether the strips are this or that, as long as they prevent a large number of accidents it doesn't matter about exact specifications?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

zzontar wrote:Did you really miss the point about how whether the strips are this or that, as long as they prevent a large number of accidents it doesn't matter about exact specifications?

You really like to nitpick don't you? How many accidents have been prevented? Percentages really don't tell the whole story.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fancy wrote:You really like to nitpick don't you? How many accidents have been prevented? Percentages really don't tell the whole story.

Judging by the fact that so many people are drifting into the rumble strips that people are complaining about the noise it's quite a high number. How many accidents have been prevented? Hmmmm, I wonder how many people who've been alerted that they're drifting out of their lane by the strips go home to phone the authorities that this happened?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Fancy wrote:You really like to nitpick don't you?

Kettle, is that you?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

skydawg wrote:Thats just it, they have idiot barriers up so no need for the strips
Now that makes more sense.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”