HOV lanes

Home of the traffic rant.
omisimaw
Guru

Re: HOV lanes

Post by omisimaw »

Dah hello folks, there is a highway detachment around that is separate from the local detach and does enforcement on the highway... just saying.... but also adding I hardly think they are increasing their number of officers any time soon and well they enforce the road, HOV or not, and hmmmm let me see someone thinks they will go on some kind of intended direction towards focusing on the HOV lane over running lights and illegal turns, and speeding, and undue care and attention.... yah I think not.... it is just too hard to prove that the person was not in that lane trying to either turn off or get back into the proper lane for single drivers...
Now there is a real joy to try at times.... moving between the lanes... drivers nowadays are so courteous and helpful to others, yah right
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

It took them five years to bring about this insignificant change. It's probably going to take the MOT another five years to realize that the entire HOV lane was wrong from the start.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

TimmyE wrote:It took them five years to bring about this insignificant change. It's probably going to take the MOT another five years to realize that the entire HOV lane was wrong from the start.

I think they probably realize it now but don't want to admit it. It will be interesting to see what reason they have in five years to decommission it in a way that they think makes them look like heroes,
I birn quil I se
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Now the interesting part will the RCMP actually enforce this, or as presently (first 5 years) turn a blinds eye.

Time will tell, or anyone on this Forum was to get ticketed. If you are willing to let us know, please do.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The problem is in the execution. How exactly do they patrol an HOV lane where someone who see's thier caught can just turn off at the next street and all's fair. Can't imagine the success rate for tickets in court would be too good either. It's a paint on the road and nothing more.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well if they follow you for 3 intersections or more and you don't turn you deserve a ticket!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:Well if they follow you for 3 intersections or more and you don't turn you deserve a ticket!

No arguement there. The HOV has turned out to be an express lane for those ok with minor risk. To be honest after taking advantage of it for all these years I'm willing to pay at least one ticket.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ya kind of like parking in no parking zones for years and then bitching when you finally get a ticket!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Bsuds wrote:Well if they follow you for 3 intersections or more and you don't turn you deserve a ticket!

Cannot even remember what the rule is now, is it 3 intersections? If i am heading from the bridge but turning off at Gordon in rush hour i tend to stay right but that is possibly an infringement, however during peak times moving into the middle for just 2 blocks then back again seems just plain daft.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

What, you mean that drivers in Kelowna won't let you merge!

Maybe while the police are giving out tickets for driving in the HOV lane they can write a few for failing to let people merge.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:What, you mean that drivers in Kelowna won't let you merge!

Maybe while the police are giving out tickets for driving in the HOV lane they can write a few for failing to let people merge.

So true. It's as though the signal light has come to reflect the middle finger.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Hey there's an idea. We can make a cover for turn signals the shows a silhouette of a middle finger. lol

Kinda like the one you see on Ram trucks all the time.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Bsuds wrote:Hey there's an idea. We can make a cover for turn signals the shows a silhouette of a middle finger. lol

and maybe hang a sack with balls in it from a few too!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Bsuds wrote:Hey there's an idea. We can make a cover for turn signals the shows a silhouette of a middle finger. lol

I like that idea..
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Now the interesting part will the RCMP actually enforce this, or as presently (first 5 years) turn a blinds eye.

Time will tell, or anyone on this Forum was to get ticketed. If you are willing to let us know, please do.

first time every, yesterday i saw a car in front of me only one person in it,get pulled over for driving more than one block in hov lane, rcmp was hiding at corner of hy97 and burtch
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”