HOV lanes

Home of the traffic rant.
Eyeswideopen
Board Meister

Re: HOV lanes

Post by Eyeswideopen »

I don't know who the rocket scientist was that thought right lane HOV lanes on Harvey were a good idea but pretty sure they don't live here. From what I have heard, because Harvey is considered a provincial highway all those decisions are made out of the regional office in Kamloops. The same rocket scientists that thought a 5 lane bridge with three(ish) lanes on either side would solve congestion problems there for the next 20 years.

Now that the railway is finally gone I hope they can get the Harvey bypass put in as quick as possible and get all the commercial vehicles off of Harvey. Just makes NO sense having big commercial vehicles and logging trucks clogging up Harvey which is basically a giant strip mall.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and clogg hy 97 they do-last week there was 2 of these *bleep* driving side by side from gordon all the way to hwy33
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

The HOV is a joke. Just like non existent overpasses on the Westside, the 60km limit on the bridge and the overall lack of any thoughtful planning by anybody including West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country,'. or MOT.Some of.us who have lived here for the past 3o-40 years kept saying " make sure you plan for the future and mark out where future highways and roads should go". None of the elected idiots ever listned. All they saw was the cities growing and the DCC and taxes coming in yet nobody had the brain or foresight to plan for the future and now it's too late, nobody now wants a highway or bypass going through their new sub division. So what do we get? Ever increasing fuel, road, carbon taxes on the HIGHEST priced fuel in North America and we drive on the crappiest planned roads in North America and some diddle head comes up the the idea of an HOV lane in the right hand side where buses stop, people turn right as slow as turtles, and all you do is stop and go from the bridge to 33. Absolute idiotic useless morons every single one of them that sit in some far off basement "planning our traffic" Their idea of moving traffic is adding lights, stops signs, low speed limits, school zones an major roads. Just brilliant!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10/10 that about couvers it all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Eyeswideopen wrote:Now that the railway is finally gone I hope they can get the Harvey bypass put in as quick as possible and get all the commercial vehicles off of Harvey. Just makes NO sense having big commercial vehicles and logging trucks clogging up Harvey which is basically a giant strip mall.

But how many of those commercial vehicles are just passing through? I would guess that at least 95% of them are headed to Kelowna. The Vernon to Osoyoos trade route is rather limited.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Glacier wrote:But how many of those commercial vehicles are just passing through? I would guess that at least 95% of them are headed to Kelowna. The Vernon to Osoyoos trade route is rather limited.

Cuurious. I see loaded logging trucks on 33. Are they going to Tolko or Gormans? Be nice to keep them off the main drag.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”