Trainer Mick
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Trainer Mick »

More fun, though.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Trainer Mick wrote:More fun, though.

In the Acura... I SO WOULD HAVE. But not in what I drive now, got that *Warning High Rollover Risk* yellow sticky on my visor.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Trainer Mick
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Trainer Mick »

CT-2000, eh?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Trainer Mick wrote:CT-2000, eh?

hehe... There was talk of 'you should lower the mitsu' but then I'd have the same problem of bottoming out at construction sites that the Acura had. Besides, I don't have the urge to tailgate as I've aged and become responsible. :140:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

kc wrote:

"Besides, I don't have the urge to tailgate as I've aged and become responsible."

Sighhh. yeah it happens to most of us except the turkeys that continue to tailgate. Going west down down Springfield today, leaving a fair amount of room following another vehicle (I have problems with depth perception and know it) and turkey joe behind me snuggles up to my bumper - I am doing 65 in a 60 zone - and all frustrated, he cuts off a guy in the left lane, pulls in front of me and immediately turns into ICBC to the right. Although braking for the turkey was not a problem it did unseat my dog in the backseat - but hey! saved the guy virtuallly half a second to pass me, cut off the guy in the left lane and then cut me off the right lane. I can't even be bothered any more to say hi ..!. to these people.

But if any of them want to try driving like that in the ME, they won't live to digest their breakfast.....
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I was able to giggle again tonight coming down Glenmore. This woman just HAD to ride my bumper after the light turned green, so I got over in the right lane and she flew past me... right off to the next red light. :123: After which she was behind a truck going much slower, and I was ahead of her alll the way to Bernard, then she passed the truck and raced her way to... you guessed it... to another red light. :1422:
OKclimber
Board Meister

Post by OKclimber »

[quote="flamingfingers"]I am doing 65 in a 60 zone - and all frustrated, he cuts off a guy in the left lane, pulls in front of me and immediately turns into ICBC to the right.[quote]

Its actually only 50km/hr on Springfield in that area, but kudos for speeding up.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

JimC wrote:...no brakes.........gas and horn only and if there is a space for you to cut in you do. The space needs to be the size of a opening of maybe a foot...and narrow roads three lanes ..we would consider as two lanes....

but an experience to be sure....also.....funny not near as many accidents...no laws...20 people in the back of a pick up truck and all drinking ....yaa....

Calgary ?

:147: :12077:
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Trainer Mick wrote:Are all these examples of other countries' poor driving supposed to make me feel better about the bad driving here?

That's stupid.

Just helping to see the positive and that it can always be worse....but you still don't have to like it. :)
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
Funky Dog
Board Meister

Re: Attention all tailgaters !!

Post by Funky Dog »

burner wrote:What do you want me to do when you ride my butt? Shall I get off the road immediatly ? Should I speed up because I'm going to slow for you? no, you do not own the road and for your info (but you already know i'm already doing 10 kmh over the speed limit)I am speeding, when it says 50 kmh I am doing 60, so I am not a slowpoke. So if I speed up it will never be fast enuf for you ,so you know what? I'm just going to slow down and really diss you off,not slam my brakes on, nothing unsafe, just down to the speed limit where we are all supposed to be going all though I think it's too slow some times, so please BACK OFF!!!!!!! we all want to live!!! :-X

The opposite of this phenomena is the one where drivers in front of me go slower than the speed limit, then when a passing lane is available, suddenly they're going over the speed limit.

I think it's a subconscious thing about dominating the road.
By posting on this forum you grant the Castanet website to use anything you post, in any way they see fit.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”