Driver who killed my family dog

Home of the traffic rant.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Driver who killed my family dog

Post by Fancy »

Obvious point - people will continue to speed on Westside Road.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The only fact that stands is that if the dog had been on a leash ...

Sorry, while I really feel for your loss. As a dog owner myself, I just have to scratch my head at those who let their dogs walk along the street without a leash and then point the finger at the driver who also has to live with what happened.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
allysha90

Post by allysha90 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 28th, 2015, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

No matter how well trained a dog is they have to always, always, always be on a leash near roads because of situations exactly like this. You cannot trust other drivers not to stop in time.

Would you allow your dog to be off leash again after your experience ally?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 28th, 2015, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: In future please report the post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I worry about coyotes and vehicles so keep my dog contained and/or leashed. Just makes sense.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

allysha90 wrote:I don't know what your problems are.

We don't have any "problems", we're discussing the posts and topic you've submitted in a public discussion forum.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
ValB58
Banned

Post by ValB58 »

For those that allow their dogs to run free and/or "off leash"........would you walk your child without holding her hand?

Neither know the repercussions of being unrestrained but, you do.

I am truly sorry for your loss but, the driver is as much of a victim as your dog was. YOU are the only one that had the opportunity to control the circumstances.
allysha90

Post by allysha90 »

You people are not getting the point. The woman was not driving responsibly or sober. Had my dog been on a leash or heeling beside me the woman would have likely hit the dog and me crossing the road. She was in no state to be driving. Nor was she driving the speed limit so that it would have given her enough time to stop.

Are people not responsible for their driving? Apparently when we get in vehicles it's a free for all. Drive as you please. Your not responsible.
Last edited by allysha90 on Feb 27th, 2015, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

allysha90 wrote:You people are not getting the point. The woman was not driving responsibly or sober. Had my dog been on a leash or heeling beside me the woman would have likely hit the dog and me crossing the road. She was in no state to be driving.

You are the person responsible for making sure your dog is safe from idiots ally. Would you do it again?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Every dog we had on the farm was trained not to go near the highway, they all died of old age. They had run of the farm, with the exception of the area of milking parlor housing the bulk tank.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

allysha90 wrote:You people are not getting the point.

We got the point.
allysha90 wrote:The woman was not driving responsibly or sober.

You have no proof that the driver was not "sober".
allysha90 wrote:Had my dog been on a leash or heeling beside me the woman would have likely hit the dog and me crossing the road.

Really? So then the driver almost hit you as well now?
allysha90 wrote:Are people not responsible for their driving?

Yes they are, just as a dog owner is responsible for the safety and well being of their dog.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

allysha90 wrote:You people are not getting the point. The woman was not driving responsibly or sober. Had my dog been on a leash or heeling beside me the woman would have likely hit the dog and me crossing the road. She was in no state to be driving. Nor was she driving the speed limit so that it would have given her enough time to stop.

Are people not responsible for their driving? Apparently when we get in vehicles it's a free for all. Drive as you please. Your not responsible.

I totally "got" the point. My point is that you are both responsible; SHE for driving too fast to be able to avoid the dog and YOU for not having your dog off the highway.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I truly hope that you contacted the rcmp and they were able to give this woman a breathalyzer to confirm your statement that she was impaired. Otherwise there's negligence in knowingly allowing this person to continue driving that day and cause more havoc. It's simply the responsible thing to do here.

It's been proven that a dog has the mental capacity of a 2-3 year old child. Would any of you leave a toddler on the opposite side of a busy road?
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Wow! what else can a person say! First you kick the person when they are down, then you take them on and continue to scold and chastise them when they explain.
If anything needs to be leashed here it is your mouths! Arguing with a person grieving a loss of this magnitude shows exactly what your character makeup is!
You are also obviously totally ignorant when it comes to animals, especially the abilities and control that this animal possessed. This is a true tragedy and the person that is at fault, the only person who has caused all of this is the driver of the vehicle.
Sober, drunk or drugged up the driver of the vehicle was not in control of their vehicle. It does not matter what road this was on the person was obviously not driving to road conditions and a major part of that is the speed and curve in this situation.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”