For those who hang out in the left lane..

Home of the traffic rant.
daveandanne
Übergod

Re: For those who hang out in the left lane..

Post by daveandanne »

I myself hate the left lane as danger lurks in it and for those that call me stupid for saying the Highway 97 is a killer highway and it is really always safe as it is never to blame as it just sits there and does not move you can now see my point. Yesterday June 25 on Hwy 97 there was a crash and the vehicles going South just past Gorman Mill hit the right no posts, shot off of it and then hit the center concrete no posts [divider] and guess where they went?. You are right that of course they went into the other side of the highway [North bound] and if you or your loved ones were driving in it at that time we would be reading your Obit soon. Remember the highway just sits there though and never moves but parts of it will if provoked. The joy of me being called stupid is that I am around for a long time more than the smart ones. I like that Moniker. Please remember my reasons for staying out of that death lane as when the highway does decide to move it is fast and you do not have the split second to react to the oncoming death. This same thing occurred the other day when the vehicle going North on Hwy. 97 at Grizzly crossed two lanes of traffic, went over the center median and crossed two more lanes and collided with the no posts on the south side. Again no chance to avoid a head on but the highway did not move that time but the vehicle definitely did so danger lurks on our highways all of the time so please be aware of this. Also by driving in the right lane you get an extra split second to react and you get a better angle of hit ,or you get the chance to go for the ditch, if there is one or the person driving in the left lane gets hit first and they take the biggest impact first. That event near Grizzly is the second time this occurred as a while ago the vehicle hit in a head on crash with injuries.
daveandanne
Übergod

Re: For those who hang out in the left lane..

Post by daveandanne »

Remember that driving in the left suicide lane is dangerous and to see why just look at the no posts jumping into that lane by Gorman Mill the other day, with help from being hit by a vehicle. So if one was passing at the time it would be so long it was good to know you. Have a nice funeral but you would have passed in more ways than one. It is not always safe so one must be alert all of the time. And the highway does not move but all things on it do. Sometimes in the wrong way.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”