For those who hang out in the left lane..

Home of the traffic rant.
questionablecontext

For those who hang out in the left lane..

Post by questionablecontext »

Remember kids, keep right except to pass.

http://www.cknw.com/2015/03/02/66884/
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: For those who hang out in the left lane..

Post by Dizzy1 »

And bring out the usual "But I'm doing the speed limit" troop.

All I can say its about freakin' time. This Province is so far behind logical rules of the road and common sense behind the wheel is even farther behind.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Or the "But I have to make a left turn in 5 Km" group.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TreeGuy wrote:Or the "But I have to make a left turn in 5 Km" group.

But I'm really not sure exactly where so I'll go slow till I find it!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Time for all the self righteous, I'm right and you're wrong, ignoramus, left lane people to MOVE THE HECK OVER!
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Police should start looking for people with this bumper sticker:

Unknown-7.jpeg
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I like that they have recognized that the frustration left lane hogs bring into the mix is a significant hazard.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I anticipate the you will see as much enforcement of this as you do of the HOV lanes in Kelowna.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

KL3-Something wrote:I anticipate the you will see as much enforcement of this as you do of the HOV lanes in Kelowna.

Okay.

That REALLY made me laugh out loud.

You win the internet for today. :)
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

KL3-Something wrote:I anticipate the you will see as much enforcement of this as you do of the HOV lanes in Kelowna.

Well for starters the offending driver would have to be stupid enough to stay in the left lane with a cop in his rearview mirror.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

[/quote]
Well for starters the offending driver would have to be stupid enough to stay in the left lane with a cop in his rearview mirror.[/quote]

I certainly don't intimidate that easily.....especially if I'm doing the legal limit through town where there is no requirement to 'stay right'. I don't care how important you think you are - If I'm doing the posted limit through town and you catch up to me, you're the one that's breaking the law.

Now, if you're talking about the need to stay right on a multi-lane major highway like the Coquihalla, Lake Country to Vernon or Hwy-1 through the Fraser Valley.....the 'stay right' thing makes sense.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

maxx wrote:Now, if you're talking about the need to stay right on a multi-lane major highway like the Coquihalla, Lake Country to Vernon or Hwy-1 through the Fraser Valley.....the 'stay right' thing makes sense.

From what I've heard that is where enforcement efforts will be focused, places where "Keep Right Except To Pass" signs are posted. These signs are not suggestions, they carry the same weight of law as a speed limit sign.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Which leads us to another problem on our roads. Enforcers picking and choosing traffic offences.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Dizzy1 wrote:Which leads us to another problem on our roads. Enforcers picking and choosing traffic offences.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but I hope the picking and choosing would be done on the basis of what presents a greater danger to the driving public. Someone who can't grasp the concept behind an HOV lane, as much as they should be removed from the gene pool, doesn't really qualify as a hazard.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fluffy wrote:
Maybe I'm a dreamer but I hope the picking and choosing would be done on the basis of what presents a greater danger to the driving public. Someone who can't grasp the concept behind an HOV lane, as much as they should be removed from the gene pool, doesn't really qualify as a hazard.

I get that, but a law is a law and if Mr. Police Officer see's someone breaking the law while cruising around, it is their job (as far as I'm concerned) to enforce those laws.

Heck, I've been pulled over because the officer thought my front windows were tinted ... hardly a hazard let alone a greater danger to the driving public compared to other infractions.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”