Lights at Bernard and Gordon

Home of the traffic rant.
jbaris

Lights at Bernard and Gordon

Post by jbaris »

I'm surprised nobody has complained about this sooner. This has been driving me bonkers for the longest time but the lights on Bernard and Gordon seem to heavily favour the Bernard traffic even though Gordon's just as busy, or more-so. The green light to cross bernard only stays on for 10 seconds, and the red light stays on for 4 minutes. It's insane! There are always cars backed up on Gordon waiting for this.

I've only been able to cross bernard without stopping 4 times in the last year and I drive that road twice a day. the other 700 times I have to come to a stop and wait.

I think this should be fixed, at least make it equal amounts of time - for example 1.5 minutes for each direction.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Lights at Bernard and Gordon

Post by GordonH »

I've been threw that light in both directions, it is no longer or shorter then any other.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jbaris wrote:The green light to cross bernard only stays on for 10 seconds, and the red light stays on for 4 minutes. It's insane!.

I find that very difficult to believe.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jbaris

Post by jbaris »

Bsuds wrote:

I find that very difficult to believe.

Ha ha I'm exaggerating a bit but I've counted and it seems like it's only on for 1/3 the time. Still red 90%of the time I get there though.
pssts

Post by pssts »

The light that I find most annoying on Bernard is the lights at Bernard and St. Paul. When proceeding along Bernard in the morning the red light goes on for no reason.... no pedestrians and no vehicles traveling from St. Paul onto Bernard. What is the point??? This light should be pedestrian triggered.
: (
PSSTS

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”