When I'm moving from light to light on Harvey

Home of the traffic rant.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: When I'm moving from light to light on Harvey..

Post by Always Sunny »

mexicalidreamer wrote:
I know right? It's like so grosss to have to sit on a bus with all the so grosss people and have to touch the so grosss stuff they touch and then what if my friends see me get off the bus?

Eww. So grosss.

damama55
Übergod

Re: When I'm moving from light to light on Harvey..

Post by damama55 »

The posts here are so right on the mark. If I need to go to Westbank, for a doctor's appt., I need to give myself at least a 2 hour time frame to get there. And, how many times the 23 has pulled into the University, and the next bus I need is pulling out, (happened to me yesterday) or has just left!!! Another half hour or hour wait for the next bus. The schedules are made up in Victoria, so I am told, and most times, the schedules are not convenient to the riders.
As for the cleanliness of the buses, well, that is a disgustingly true fact. I mean, it is pretty bad when you have to contact transit and ask them to get someone to clean the windows on the inside at least. I leaned against a window and, because of the dirt on the sleeve of my jacket, someone thought I had fallen!! I had to explain to them where the dirt must have come from. When I got on the bus, on my return trip, I ran my finger across the window, and, sure enough, it was filthy.
The traffic around Kelowna would improve IF it were more convenient to use the buses. As for carrying groceries on the bus?? I have to do it all the time.
Transit wants us to use the buses, but, in the long run, they are discouraging people from using them by the schedules and cleanliness of them. Victoria has NO clue as to how frustrating it is to use the bus in this area.
Another long weekend is coming up, and, once again, instead of making the service easier to use, they will be running the buses once an hour. Drivers will use their cars and HOPE to find a parking spot, rather than wait around for an hour for a bus that they JUST missed.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”