Regarding Clement crosswalk behind Bankhead School

Home of the traffic rant.
mcmorrans

Regarding Clement crosswalk behind Bankhead School

Post by mcmorrans »

To the woman in the red car who was stopped at the crosswalk on Clement at 8:30am on Thursday, April 16th and who honked the horn which caused me to stop walking; Thank you. You saved my life.

And to the woman in the grey older sedan who ignored the flashing lights and blasted through the crosswalk just missing me by a hair; this letter is for you.

Your carelessness COULD HAVE caused two little boys (one who is mentally & physically challenged), to be left without their superhero.

Your carelessness COULD HAVE caused a husband who works 12+ hrs. a day to provide for his family, to be left without a wife, and with the burden of having to raise two little boys on his own and care for a child who is dependent on him for the daily basics you and I take for granted.

Your carelessness COULD HAVE caused a mother & father to lose their 29 year old child to a tragedy beyond their control, after having already buried one;

leaving them with the burden of having to quit their jobs to care for their special needs grandson when he gets bouts of pneumonia that keep him home from school for a week at a time throughout the year.

Your carelessness COULD HAVE destroyed a family that has been deeply rooted in Kelowna four generations deep.

I don't know why you were driving down Clement at approx. 120 km/hr. this morning. I don't know why you decided that it was okay to run a crosswalk light and ignore a woman in a bright purple sweater crossing on a crosswalk, beside a school, where many children cross to get to and from school.

Please slow down, get off your phone, pay attention to the road and for the love of God, think about how your life would have changed had that lady in the red car not honked her horn...

With Gratitude (and a fresh appreciation for life),

name removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Apr 16th, 2015, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name removed.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Regarding Clement crosswalk behind Bankhead School

Post by Anonymous123 »

It never ceases to amaze me how many drivers in Kelowna don't pay attention to what is going on around them. Just the other day a woman in a Mercedes SUV pulled out of the Superstore parking lot onto Baron road with out stopping. She cut off two cars and a cyclist with out even looking. When I got up beside her at the next light I found her texting on her phone. Idiots.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Regarding Clement crosswalk behind Bankhead School

Post by KL3-Something »

That crosswalk isn't just a flashing light when people are crossing. It would have been RED LIGHT she blew!!
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”