Parking lot fender benders

Home of the traffic rant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Parking lot fender benders

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/139224/ ... on-parking

I think it has to do more with the growing number of very impatience drivers, rush in & rush out.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Parking lot fender benders

Post by Bsuds »

How many more vehicles are on the road compared to this increase from 1996.
I agree about the smaller parking spaces. Try parking a truck these days and thankfully I don't drive it in town very often.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

People are often more focused on finding a spot or on parking than they are on driving safely or looking out for hazards. Cars can be coming from any and every direction in a parking lot.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Liquidnails wrote:People are often more focused on finding a spot or on parking than they are on driving safely or looking out for hazards. Cars can be coming from any and every direction in a parking lot.

I think pedestrians are worse. I cannot believe how many adults walking with their kids are quite happy to walk behind a vehicle that has its reversing lights on and is halfway out of a space. I will never walk blindly behind a vehicle unless they have clearly seen me and stopped to let me go. Sometimes getting in the space is less hazardous than getting out.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Should not be going very fast in parking lot in first place, parking lot + pedestrians have never changed.

So slow down take your time, store is not going anywhere (or whatever the reason one find themselves in a parking lot for)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Should not be going very fast in parking lot in first place, parking lot + pedestrians have never changed.

So slow down take your time, store is not going anywhere (or whatever the reason one find themselves in a parking lot for)

And this comment has what to do with my comment?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

People who do foolish things like you describe in your earlier post, because for some reason they believe nothing bad will happen to them or their kids. Why, I don't have clue.

In parking lots expect, the totally unexpected / sometimes unbelievable.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”