Railroad tracks

Home of the traffic rant.
Mark5
Board Meister

Railroad tracks

Post by Mark5 »

The now obsolete railroad track crossings in Kelowna should be updated and the tracks should be removed. The railroad tracks in the north end of downtown on Ellis St. are constantly getting beaten up by logging trucks and cement trucks and are hard on a vehicle. The same goes for the multiple tracks crossing Weddell place. And the worst place is on Sexsmith road between Adams road and Pinto road where you can get whiplash and go airborne if you do not slow right down. That crossing is ridiculous. I do not know who is responsible for fixing these railroad crossings but whomever it is should get to work ASAP.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Railroad tracks

Post by GordonH »

The tracks from Sicamous to Armstrong have been removed, I'm sure they will be removing the tracks from Vernon to Kelowna as well. Its just matter of time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Mark5 wrote:The now obsolete railroad track crossings in Kelowna should be updated and the tracks should be removed. The railroad tracks in the north end of downtown on Ellis St. are constantly getting beaten up by logging trucks and cement trucks and are hard on a vehicle. The same goes for the multiple tracks crossing Weddell place. And the worst place is on Sexsmith road between Adams road and Pinto road where you can get whiplash and go airborne if you do not slow right down. That crossing is ridiculous. I do not know who is responsible for fixing these railroad crossings but whomever it is should get to work ASAP.

So true, every time I go over the tracks on Sexsmith my truck launches off of them about 45 feet in the air and winds up landing on the roof after flipping over seven times. Ultimately the result of the poorly maintained tracks the truck explodes into a ball of flame and kills everyone inside, mainly from the extreme G-Forces caused by the landing. I hate that they haven't removed the tracks too.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

^^^ Precisely, since there are no trains I don't have to slow down anymore, amirite?
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

So true, every time I go over the tracks on Sexsmith my truck launches off of them about 45 feet in the air and winds up landing on the roof after flipping over seven times. Ultimately the result of the poorly maintained tracks the truck explodes into a ball of flame and kills everyone inside, mainly from the extreme G-Forces caused by the landing. I hate that they haven't removed the tracks too.
"

For the people like you who know about the steep approach and drop off you can slow down and be prepared for it. It is those who are unfamiliar with it where the problem lies. It is like getting ambushed. That crossing is like something from a third world country and should be fixed.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 15th, 2015, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I guess drivers had better pay attention & not be going over speed limit then, if not surprise.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ I guess drivers had better pay attention & not be going over speed limit then, if not surprise.

I see all the hillbilly's here in Kelowna like playing Dukes of Hazzard.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

It could be that their vehicles are in poor mechanical condition? The speed limit there is 50, at that speed I don't think a car or truck with good struts/shocks would be "launched" 'Dukes of Hazard style' off of that "steep approach" to the point of the driver getting "whiplash"... Then again, I am in the know about this "steep approach", so have an obvious advantage over those that get "ambushed" by this "third world" rail crossing.

I can't wait until they remove the tracks so then there will just be a steep approach... That should make it much safer for those poor victims of this completely invisible abmbush.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”