Traffic calming Glenrosa

Home of the traffic rant.
logman
Übergod

Re: Traffic calming Glenrosa

Post by logman »

It didn't take long. Many of the signs have been smashed and one completely removed. There where even some welcome to the neighborhood burn outs on the one at lower Glenrosa road. What a colossal waste of money.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

I'm surprised more people aren't upset with those circles. As posted previously there was info meetings but nobody could have forseen the size of the circles and the crazy curb placements until they were constructed.Common sense is rarely common these days.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

I just encounterd my second oncoming driver entering the circle the wrong way! Both happened at webber and gorman as people made a left turn shortcut.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

To those of you up here who dislike the farce of this, please write to the City of West Kelowna and complain to their engineering division. [email protected]

This has done nothing to help on the end of McIver from McQueen north. *bleep* are still ripping up and down at 65 KM plus. We complained and all they said was that nothing has been recorded by the speed traps up there. There have never been speed traps up at that end!

This was a waste of our dollars IMO. Stupid design and does nothing to slow people down on McIver. I am also waiting to see someone hit the house on the corner of Webber and Lower Glenrosa this winter when they try to get that curve in the roundabout.

pf
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I wonder how many times the signs will need to be smashed before they realize what a stupid idea these "improvements" were. Maybe when the snow flies and the plow trucks destroy the curbs?
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Did you actually hear back from them Prairieflower? I just sent an e-mail and was wondering if I should be waiting for a response or am I wasting my time. If you did hear back, what did they say?
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Yes we did, but it was the standard blah, blah..... that those areas were the "problem areas, etc."

I think the circles are okay, just too small on the one side of the Webber and Lower Glenrosa area. The narrowing going up Webber IMO is a royal waste of money. They could have taken that money and used it to "calm" McIver up on our straight stretch and up along Webber on the stretch after the school. Many more people speed in those areas truthfully.

I think if more people voice their opinions something might be done about the "narrowing" area, but who knows. Mr. Findlater and et all, will always do what they want anyhow.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

The narrowing area is a complete joke. The logging truck and low bed traffic out of webber's yard will wipe the signs out every time. Throw a cat on a low bed and destroy the scottstown signs and the round about at lowerglenrosa every time. 400 thousand dollars could have been better spent on enforcement that's for sure. I feel for you up the road on Webber beyond the school. There is one rice rocket with a tin can for a tail pipe that hauls *bleep* and has no respect for anyone. The "driver" has startled me awake at 11 pm on the way to wherever and again on his way home at 230 am. No respect. I can hear that shitbox for quite a ways up webber. He lives up there somewhere and I hate that car and driver with a passion.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

We have the same "ricky racer" blast by our house daily as well as a few crotch rockets that push 100 km or over past the school towards the park. The irony is that the new circles seem to be built for them to whip around.
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

Once again signs have been replaced at Scotstown intersection. Looks like the kind people can run over and they will rebound. Curb at the circle at lower Glenrosa has been smucked and broken. Terrible placement of that one! I have seen city and a school bus drive across center circle and hit the curbs at both circles.

With the amount of rubber on these curbs I am considering buying a tire shop......seriously!
arcsparks

Traffic Calming

Post by arcsparks »

So Everyone happy with the new Traffic calming measures on Weber road ,
Winter road conditions could make thing interesting!
Hope they stockpiled more signs
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Traffic Calming

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

arcsparks wrote:So Everyone happy with the new Traffic calming measures on Weber road ,
Winter road conditions could make thing interesting!
Hope they stockpiled more signs

LOL. I drove through there a few days back and the first thought that came to my mind was, it's gonna suck to be a snowplough driver.

Second thought was, I wondered if anyone had considered how moving trucks would navigate those asinine puny circles?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
wolfen_one
Fledgling

Post by wolfen_one »

I'm still amazed at the stupidity of the design, size and curb placement. Everyday we see school buses, transit buses, and commercial trucks drive right over the brick circles as they can't or won't try to negotiate the tight curves. Curbs have almost been destroyed already. Does no one care about the costs to repair all these that will add to the already high cost of construction? Taxes well spent?
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I see "they" finally removed the one completely ridiculous curb at the lower Glenrosa circle. At least one or ten vehicles did damage hitting it. Finish the job. Admit the curbs are all a stupid, short sighted mistake and remove them all before the snowplows find it impossible to clear snow. Do it now before the snow.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

I drove through that stupid little circle on Webber today.
Couldn't help but laugh out loud at how useless it was.

All traffic is basically just treating it as a straight through now since the plows can't do anything about fixing it really.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”