Right or Privilege

Home of the traffic rant.
driveangry
Übergod

Re: Right or Privilege

Post by driveangry »

Your " rights" can be taken away, and they have been bought and paid for, and are still being paid for by the highest of cost,,, human life.

Buy a poppy and remember.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

lesliepaul wrote:If it is a privilege, why should you pay? We all have to pay through the nose to drive so thus.......RIGHT.

As I stated, if you are OK with the "demeaning" word then carry on with your life and use it as you see fit......or in this case, used towards you. Nothing you can say will change the meaning of the word "privilege".

Viewing the word privilege as "demeaning" says a lot about your sense of entitlement and willingness to earn trust and respect from others.

My grandmother lost her privilege to drive after a stroke. This kept you and others safe from harm, surely you'd not have preferred her endangering others. My daughter, through absolutely no fault of her own, has been prohibited from driving until testing proves she's recovered sufficiently from serious illness. This, also, is for yours and our benefit as a whole.

As for paying for infrastructure: Really, roadways are not just for we who slog our *bleep* to and from work each day to pay taxes. Transportation is how we receive goods and services. You have a very narrow view of the world around you if you do not understand the importance of our roadways beyond your 1:33,000,000 use of them.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Rights can be taken away, too. Both are just constructs.
Your bias suits you.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

/\
Agreed, driving is not a right or a privilege, it is just something that some of us do.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Woodenhead ...

Yep ... constructs containing personal interpretations as to what the words mean.

The English language is not an exact science.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”