ICBC lapse of coverage

Home of the traffic rant.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Re: ICBC lapse of coverage

Post by Partmanpartfish »

joannad wrote:I was in an accident a couple weeks ago and discovered that my insurance had lapsed by 1 day. My decal read 21 Oct so I thought I was insured, my paperwork unfortunately said my insurance expired Oct 1. I was in an accident Oct 3. I wasn't given the correct decal when I insured my vehicle. I had no idea and would never have driven without insurance- I drive a new vehicle and owe money on it. Has any one every heard of a grey period with ICBC or any type of forgiveness for perfect history and driving record? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am being found at fault for this accident and could be out a lot of $. Any advice or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

*removed*

You state this was partially an icbc mistake and you apparently have no history of not paying your insurance on time, ICBC is not going to screw you. To do so would simply invite a lawsuit.

Talk to your adjuster.
Last edited by Jo on Oct 16th, 2015, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic - members don't need you to educate them on whether or not to post their questions
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

There's a difference between:

- Valid insurance but delayed payment (let's say your monthly payment bounced on this particular month). Insurance is still valid and in effect, but you owe money. NSF payment doesn't invalidate insurance.

- Expired insurance with no renewal - the term of the insurance has ENDED. It has nothing to do whether or not you're behind on your payments. Policies have conditions and end at midnight on expiry date. If you haven't renewed it by buying another policy - you have NO insurance.

OP probably got a ticket for driving without insurance, got her/his car towed, and is now looking at covering all expenses out of his/her pocket. I hope you don't own a house.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If you have a history with icbc of constant coverage, they will likely insure your oversight.
If you just insured your very first vehicle 6 months ago and the insurance lapsed 3 months ago, or if you have a history with icbc for only insuring your vehicle for 3 months a year and not the other 9, you're sol.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”