Heavy heavy fog NO lights.

Home of the traffic rant.
jimmy4321
Guru

Heavy heavy fog NO lights.

Post by jimmy4321 »

Driving to Salmon Arm quite a few times and noticed so many without lights on. Daytime running lights may be on but from behind in the morning fog you can hardly see them unless they tap the brake lights and your quickly on their tail. Also many don`t even have daytime running light, doesn`t seem safe. Also causes problems for people turning onto and off that road especially after Armstrong.
You also see this a lot during daytime winter snowfalls where visibility is effected.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Heavy heavy fog NO lights.

Post by Gixxer »

Ive always thought that day time running lights should be the same for the tail lights as well
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I don't even have fog lights. Just day time.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I came *this* close to rear ending a car on the connector for the same reason.

I'd pulled into the passing lane to move around a vehicle doing approximately 60km/h to nearly slam into the back of a car going 40...40!!! in the passing lane with no lights on.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Good luck trying to prove that they had no lights on in poor visibility. Would be ruled as your fault.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

nobody would believe you ...vote for nobody
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I`ve noticed a lot more people with dash cams, i`m still looking for a real good one.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Captain Awesome wrote:Good luck trying to prove that they had no lights on in poor visibility. Would be ruled as your fault.

Insurance investigators can tell.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Gixxer wrote:Ive always thought that day time running lights should be the same for the tail lights as well

YES! YES! YES! and at least for your own safety, if you drive a grey or silver vehicle...put them on!
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Dash cam, just installed a 2 channel blackvue 650 dashcam, it works great. As for daytime running lights, people need to know if their particular vehicle turns on the tailights when the daytime running lights are on....lots don't. Many people assume that because they have an "automatic" headlight setting that in hard rain, fog, snow storms, etc, that their lights come on....what they don't understand is that they detect darkness, that's it. So for fog, rain, snow or any other visibility issues not related to darkness please turn your lights on!
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I have a Papago 272 dashcam in my vehicle and it works great. It's small and easy-peasy to install and it only cost me about $100 on sale so it's not exactly an expensive item. Everyone should have one, in fact I think they should be standard equipment in all new vehicles.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

What would be really cool is the car ahead of you giving you a readout from his dashcam, so you could see hazards before they got you.
We're lost but we're making good time.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I Think wrote:What would be really cool is the car ahead of you giving you a readout from his dashcam, so you could see hazards before they got you.

um I think that would be a bit distracting...... But some new vehicles do have forward collision avoidance and it works fantastic....
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Captain Awesome wrote:Good luck trying to prove that they had no lights on in poor visibility. Would be ruled as your fault.

I have a dash camera and I was still far under the speed limit. Can't imagine I could be found entirely at fault.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

rear ending someone in poor visibility you bet you would be partially at fault its called driving to fast for the conditions even tho you were travelling below the speed limit if you were to hit someone your going to fast

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”