Idiot drivers of Vernon, It's winter driving.

Home of the traffic rant.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Idiot drivers of Vernon, It's winter driving.

Post by TheBoss »

It snowed the roads are garbage. i'm doing the speed limit 50kmhs I'm getting passed like i'm standing still. Heading down highway 97 coming up the intersection of 43rd, see the yellow flashers come on let off the gas and coast down to the light, car that passed me doing at least 70kmhs ends up running a red light while it was green fro 43rd ave traffic. Even doing 50 felt a little fast for the road conditions, yet people were passing me while i was doing the speed limit. I have a set of allright all-seasons m+s with the snow flake on them, nothing i would use going over a mountain pass winter tires for that. I have to be careful i drive a 92 town car, rwd no traction assist or control just me and my right foot and alot of working the wheel. I did take into a parking lot, and compared to the winters i had on it before night and day difference. Worth putting on winters for the okanagan not really unless you do alot of out of town driving IMO. So maybe the government should waste even more money and put speed control zones every where clearly drivers are not driving to road conditions.

That's my rant and rave for the day, now time to head to the store to make breakfast mm:D
MattJ
Fledgling

Re: Idiot drivers of vernon, It's winter driving.

Post by MattJ »

Just FYI, if your tires have the snowflake, they're not all seasons, they're winters.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

MattJ wrote:Just FYI, if your tires have the snowflake, they're not all seasons, they're winters.

Yeah looked at them again they're winters, dunno why i thought they were all seasons. Oh well. So no one else say any people driving like idiots yesterday?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Yes plenty of them on the hwy yesterday morning at 6:30am going to kelowna. If people want to drive 60km/h thats fine but get out of the left lane and do it. Some of us are capable of driving on snow.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Idiot drivers of Vernon, It's winter driving.

Post by Dizzy1 »

This is Vernon, the seasons make little difference in the driving manner of many Vernonites ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Its not just in Vernon.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

On Christmas Eve we were driving home after dinner around 6:30 or 7:00 when I pulled up behind a Smart car at the stoplight on 20th St and 48th Ave. The lights on one side of the car were broken, not too big a deal, but when the stoplight turned green the driver turned onto 43rd and began straddling the center line. I could see the car weaving slightly from side to side and as I passed him, guess what, no headlights! :-X

I got him on my dashcam but the license plate was so dirty it wasn't readable.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”