Please Turn Your Headlights On!!

Home of the traffic rant.
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Please Turn Your Headlights On!!

Post by maxx »

Please turn your headlights on - not just your daytime running lights.
If you're not sure how to turn them on, refer to the owner's manual for your vehicle.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Please Turn Your Headlights On!!

Post by Bsuds »

Same goes for the Buses. Saw one coming out of the College on KLO with no lights on in the dark.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Wearing glasses also helps, I heard.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maxx wrote:Please turn your headlights on - not just your daytime running lights.
If you're not sure how to turn them on, refer to the owner's manual for your vehicle.

LOL, if you get into a car and you can't figure out how to turn the lights on without having to look into the manual - you shouldn't have a license in the first place :200:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mcool

Post by mcool »

omg, thanks you..... this issue is all I see all day and night long Don't people recall when they learned to drive they say put your light on day and night. These people that don't know how to work their own vehicles. When I give people the known signal to turn their light on they still don't get it. Then I high beam. Still nothing. Do you think we can see you in the dark. Maybe if you can't work your car you should be driving on the roads. Scary stuff. A second part to this is maybe drivers should learn how to maintain their vehicles because I drive for a living and I can count at least 10 plus headlight and or tail lights out everyday. Let's get it together people. Give your lights a check once a month or so. That's another thing you learned when you got your lic. Safety first. Let's not let someone die over headlights. Use your brain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Pre trip inspection for RVing includes a walk around to check all the lights. People never think of doing this with their cars.
It should be something done at least once a month if not more.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

mcool wrote:

omg, thanks you..... this issue is all I see all day and night long Don't people recall when they learned to drive they say put your light on day and night. These people that don't know how to work their own vehicles. When I give people the known signal to turn their light on they still don't get it. Then I high beam. Still nothing. Do you think we can see you in the dark. Maybe if you can't work your car you should be driving on the roads. Scary stuff. A second part to this is maybe drivers should learn how to maintain their vehicles because I drive for a living and I can count at least 10 plus headlight and or tail lights out everyday. Let's get it together people. Give your lights a check once a month or so. That's another thing you learned when you got your lic. Safety first. Let's not let someone die over headlights. Use your brain.

You are asking a lot.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Rellic

Post by Rellic »

Most all vehicles on the road now have Auto On Day Time Running Lights that illuminate the head lights at a lesser lumin than if You turned on the headlamps. The Auto On Daytime Running Light system dose NOT illuminate the tail lights during daylight hours for a reason.

Brian T.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

We see more and more vehicles driving down the roads with just day time running lights when it's dark.
As long as the driver can see that the dash lights are on, they think they are good to go.
Many can't even tell that the headlights are in Daytime mode, but must think they are just dirty.

It's all part of the new disease spreading around, the one that is turning more and more drivers in Kelowna into absolute morons, but I will once again, blame it on the lack of Policing to keep people honest and on their toes when it comes to common sense.

When will this stupidity start getting cleaned up?
spooker

Post by spooker »

And last night going north on Gordon I encountered a driver in a pickup truck that didn't have their lights on ... just the yellows in the front ...

Tried flashing my brights at him from behind ... no reaction ... pulled to the lane next to him and a little in front and turned my lights off/on a few times to see if that would work ... nada ... even went as far as pulling up next to him at a red light and rolling down my passenger window and waving ... he just ignored me ... should have honked

And his daughter was strapped into the passenger seat ... here's hoping they didn't get rear-ended for being a dark car without lights in the dark ...

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”