Driverless cars get US legal boost.

Home of the traffic rant.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Driverless cars get US legal boost.

Post by Atomoa »

LTD wrote:no in this incident the cars camera failed to notice the difference between the white semi trailer and the white cloudy sky in the background thanks but no thanks I think will remain in control

One death vs the hundreds of thousands of deaths caused by human error.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
tabanner

Post by tabanner »

Ummm, you are to remain in control while using autopilot in the same way you'd expect a pilot to remain in control of a plane while also utilizing autopilot.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What I would be interested to know did the salesperson clearly explain what this autopilot is and is not. Or was he or she more interested in making a sell.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tabanner

Post by tabanner »

Autopilot was introduced earlier this year in an update. And yes, it is clearly explained. This particular owner, I believe, would have bought his vehicle prior to the update so it wasn't an option at the time of purchase.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

tabanner wrote:Autopilot was introduced earlier this year in an update. And yes, it is clearly explained. This particular owner, I believe, would have bought his vehicle prior to the update so it wasn't an option at the time of purchase.

Will don't know if it was clearly explained to the owner, since we will never have his side of the story.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tabanner

Post by tabanner »

"Tesla says that before Autopilot can be used, drivers have to acknowledge that the system is an "assist feature" that requires a driver to keep both hands on the wheel at all times. Drivers are told they need to "maintain control and responsibility for your vehicle" while using the system, and they have to be prepared to take over at any time, the statement said."

Updates are quite clear.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

tabanner wrote:"Tesla says that before Autopilot can be used, drivers have to acknowledge that the system is an "assist feature" that requires a driver to keep both hands on the wheel at all times. Drivers are told they need to "maintain control and responsibility for your vehicle" while using the system, and they have to be prepared to take over at any time, the statement said."

Updates are quite clear.

its a shame we can't get statement from the driver
tabanner

Post by tabanner »

Yes, I imagine he'd be quite upset with the semi driver.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Atomoa wrote:
One death vs the hundreds of thousands of deaths caused by human error.

One car vs the hundreds of thousands of cars that aren't "driverless". You can be rest assured that the more "driverless" cars on the road that number will go up.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”