Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Home of the traffic rant.

Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Postby damama55 » Mar 15th, 2016, 8:02 am

Maybe it is time to tell good drivers they are doing a good job.
Yesterday, I was at the bus stop on Ziprick and I saw a green truck making a right on to Terai. There was a young boy on a bike coming along just behind the truck. The truck stopped, holding up traffic a bit, and then I saw the young boy turn on to Terai, too. I was very impressed that the driver waited to see where the young boy was going before turning. He probably saved the young fellow's life, by waiting that extra few seconds. One thing, though, I believe the young fellow wasn't wearing a helmet. That is a definite NO NO.
Kudos to the driver that probably saved a life, or at least, serious injury.
Last edited by damama55 on Aug 8th, 2017, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heartfelt sympathies to all affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, Texas and to the families and friends. And to the officer who lost his life in Abbotsford, you were a true hero, too.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 582 posts

Re: Kudos to Good Drivers :)

Postby damama55 » Aug 8th, 2016, 1:35 pm

By the way, saw two motorcyclists today, from AB, Blue Knights, going along highway 97 into Kelowna. Driving very nicely, not super loud and very respectful of traffic and the laws. Thank you very much and enjoy your visit to the Okanagan. :) Stay safe and watch out for some crazy drivers.
Heartfelt sympathies to all affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, Texas and to the families and friends. And to the officer who lost his life in Abbotsford, you were a true hero, too.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby damama55 » Aug 8th, 2016, 1:38 pm

This morning, had to call the RCMP, to get them to talk to Fortis or whoever was doing work at the corner of Berry and 97, heading towards Vernon. They had NO signage up that there were at least a half dozen vehicles working along there. Almost caused numerous accidents. Come on guys, you should know better. Give drivers notice when you have almost a whole lane blocked off. CRAZY ! !

3 people like this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby damama55 » Aug 7th, 2017, 2:25 pm

The other day I filled the car with gas, got back in my car and headed off to the highway. A guy grabs my attention while stopped at a red light--"Your gas cover is open--your gas cap is on the trunk." I put the car in park, jumped out and put the cap back on. Like I said to him-"I never forget that, but....I did." Thanked the man in the truck and jumped back in my car before the light turned green.
Thanks, again, to the nice man that told me. Now I will check to make sure the cap is back where it belongs. :)

spooker likes this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby spooker » Aug 8th, 2017, 5:19 am

With all the travellers yesterday I noticed a good amount of people on main roads who were backed up letting in alternating cars from backed up sidestreets ... we were all trying to get home yesterday, good job!
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

3 people like this post.
spooker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 471 posts

Postby spooker » Aug 29th, 2017, 11:15 am

To the lady in the yellow Jeep heading north on Richter turning left at Harvey ... thank you for being aware of the cyclists in the bike lane ... I saw your turn signal and was hanging back since you were there first ... and I saw you wait for the cyclist ahead even though I noticed a little hiccup in your speed control trying to decide if you had enough time to overtake ... we all got stopped when the light turned red again but you didn't encroach on the bike lane as you made your right turn ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

2 people like this post.
spooker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 471 posts

Postby gman313 » Sep 15th, 2017, 10:19 am

To the guy towing a trailer on Weddell Road last night sometime between 7-8pm THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Your light flash most definitely saved me from smoking the 3 deer. You are awesome. The guy ahead of you had such bright lights I couldn't see a thing.

:130:

2 people like this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 898 posts

Return to Trials & Tribulations of Traffic