ICBC Discovery

Home of the traffic rant.
rookie314
Übergod

Re: ICBC Discovery

Post by rookie314 »

Horse hockey!! My wife went through it, thank god we had a lawyer. ICBC has one mandate, to break you.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

As someone else said, answer briefly and accurately. If a question is ambiguous, ask for clarification. If it is still ambiguous, ask again. Do not lie. Do not offer anything extra. If you don't remember, say so. If you don't know, say so.
It's pretty straightforward.
You and 71 others Like this post
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

LANDM wrote:As someone else said, answer briefly and accurately. If a question is ambiguous, ask for clarification. If it is still ambiguous, ask again. Do not lie. Do not offer anything extra. If you don't remember, say so. If you don't know, say so.
It's pretty straightforward.

They got through the Discovery..........no issues, no twists or turns by the ICBC lawyer..........thanks all for the comments and advice. On to the next step........
Bikiufc

Post by Bikiufc »

Bman wrote:Icbc covers both insured parties.
It's their interests they're protecting, not yours. Their objective is to minimize any claims payouts.
Unless youre well versed in insurance law, they are the LAST people I'd talk to without proper legal representation.

$2.6 Billion payout in 2013-14 990,000 Claims = About $2000 Each person on Avg.Of those 990,000 only 4% Went to trial..Most of the payouts avg $26,000 Was to the 4%..Il be going to trial Nxt month as well.Huge Claim,serious Injuries.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

All the best to you at trial! 4 1/2 years and counting for our daughter with no end in sight but she will "take it to the mat".
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Good to know. A friend of mine will be going through Discovery in February. He was injured in an accident that was 100% the other person's fault 3 years ago. He's also heard lots of negative things about the Discovery process but at least he knows that his ordeal is nearly at an end. I have no faith at all in ICBC after hearing all about his experiences to this point.
mcgiver

Post by mcgiver »

Several years ago a lady pulled out in front of my motorcycle. My leg was shattered along with my hip and ankle. A few months shy of three years later I had to go through "discovery". The ICBC lawyer told me that he had witnesses that saw me speeding down the street and heard my engine revving very high to which I responded (boiling with anger) "so where are they? You're a liar!". I was only doing 40 kms per hour in a 50 zone when she pulled out in front of me and I slammed into her side and flew over her car and rolled down the road. I was unable to walk for almost a year and for another 5 years after I was using crutches and a cane. This ICBC lawyer was trying to make me out to be the one in fault even though the lady was charged for everything. Then he told my lawyer that I was a loser and didn't deserve much of anything (I overheard him in the next room). I was a fresh out of college and looking for work in my new profession while working in my old profession during my job search. This I guess made me a loser and not worth the time or money to help me. I still suffer to this day from that accident and wasn't paid much at all (my lawyer told me to take the offer because it would take years to fight ICBC). The Discovery was brutal and hurtful and their lawyer made me feel like I wasn't worth the air I breathe. Good luck with their lawyer and I hope your lawyer has some cojones to stand up and defend your rights.
I CAN'T TELL YOU THE SECRET TO SUCCESS BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO FAIL. "TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE".
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I would certainly have made "PUBLIC" the name of ICBC's lawyer in your case along with an official complaint to ICBC about comments made. With all of the bad work ethic news being printed about ICBC recently, their POS lawyer would be out of work in my books. Some people have the fortitude to take things "all the way". We all (should) have insurance coverage when driving and the main reason is to "make you full again" if you are involved in an accident. I am not here to line ICBC's pockets or the "pigs at the trough" provincial Liberals.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The first and only rule in an icbc personal injury claim:

Never say a single word to anyone from icbc unless your attorney tells you to.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Bman » 9 minutes ago

The first and only rule in an icbc personal injury claim:

ICBC act for you if the other party has Insurance through someone other than ICBC.

They act in their own best interest if the vehicles involved are insured through ICBC.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bman wrote:The first and only rule in an icbc personal injury claim:

In ICBC Discovery your lawyer can be there but you cannot converse with them on every question the ICBC paid D-Bag asks. If something is "out of line" your lawyer can step up...........such as "asked and answered".........meaning the ICBC D-Bag did not like your honest first answer and will now try to trip you up by re-wording the question.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”