Kelowna Driving Is Great Compared To;

Home of the traffic rant.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kelowna Driving Is Great Compared To;

Post by Dizzy1 »

LTD wrote:how so

Read the BC MVA and then read the numerous threads on these forums on everyone's interpretation of the BC MVA.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

No need for traffic lights. Just be courteous is all :-)

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Cairo was pretty crazy as well as Rome.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Thank you to the world travelers here that posted. The fact is, once you've experienced the craziness some have posted, Kelowna will seem like a luxury spa. Point being, YOU SHOULD ALL be very happy you live and drive here.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Have to agree that however much we complain about drivers anywhere in Canada, there are many other countries that driving can make our hair stand on end. There are still many countries will little enforcement of traffic violations - assuming they have much in the form of regulations, where driver licensing is non-existant or a joke, where road signage poor or almost non-existant. The list goes on.

Some years ago Turkey actually required drivers to carry their own body bags in their vehicles because of all the fatalities and cost of body bags!. (don't know if that's changed there since)

Having said tha, t my nominees of cities within Canada with worst drivers are Montreal and Vancouver.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Education or skill isn't the biggest problem here, it's the attitude.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Education or skill isn't the biggest problem here, it's the attitude.

I agree that attitude is a major problem as well - its all about "me, me, me" - whether it be a tailgater or someone who refuses to get over into the right lane - "me, me, me".
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Dizzy1 wrote:However, the Government is to blame just as much - there is way too much gray area when it comes to the motor vehicle act - way too much interpretation.

LTD wrote:how so

Dizzy1 wrote:Read the BC MVA and then read the numerous threads on these forums on everyone's interpretation of the BC MVA.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean ...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=66821&p=2001178#p2001178
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

gotcha unfortunately its only difficult for the folks on these forums its not rocket science more like common sense to bad that's not so common anymore
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LTD wrote:gotcha unfortunately its only difficult for the folks on these forums its not rocket science more like common sense to bad that's not so common anymore

I'm not saying that I'm right nor am I saying that the other poster is right - but it does "illuminate" the point - bawhahahahahaha LOL!
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

kgcayenne wrote:So, lowering one's expectations is the solution?

That's flawed thinking.

Exactly this.

My farts smell like roses ever since I started carrying around a dead fish with me wherever I go.
Your bias suits you.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The whole purpose of this topic was so we can reflect a bit, on how good we really do have it here. There's so much negativity on these forums it makes me want to leave them at times. The fact is, driving here is a breeze compared to some places on the world and in fact,not bad at all. If you really think it's bad here, then you really haven't traveled much of the world. That's a fact.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Hmmm wrote:The fact is, driving here is a breeze compared to some places on the world and in fact,not bad at all. If you really think it's bad here, then you really haven't traveled much of the world. That's a fact.

Not even remotely close to whatever you think a "fact" is. I just choose to compare apples to apples, not apples to turds.
Your bias suits you.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

So are people saying we should accept bad driving and be happy with it because there are worse places around the world. I agree there are worse places but it certainly does not make me feel any better about our bad drivers. We have room to get a lot better.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Smurf wrote:So are people saying we should accept bad driving and be happy with it because there are worse places around the world?

Seems like it.

Smurf wrote:I agree there are worse places but it certainly does not make me feel any better about our bad drivers. We have room to get a lot better.

That makes perfect sense.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”