Kelowna Driving Is Great Compared To;

Home of the traffic rant.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Re: Kelowna Driving Is Great Compared To;

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Turkey and Greece were not too bad, years ago. Then again, walking and being in buses offers an "advantage". There were crazy drivers and other things I wasn't used to, nonetheless. I've no idea what it's like now.
I am... the law!
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Kelowna Driving Is Great Compared To;

Post by Graham Adder »

I'm not a professional driver, but I put anywhere between 60 and 80 thousand K per year and have for the past few decades.
I've driven extensively across Canada from one ocean to the other. I've traveled northern routes across as well as southern routes across. I've driven Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Washington, Oregon and California.

There has not been one city or town in my travels that has worse drivers than Kelowna.
I'm not kidding.

If I approach Kelowna from the South, it become clearly evident I am "home" as soon as I am across the bridge. If I am approaching from the north, it's at Sexsmith Road where the welcome to Kelowna sign is.

Within the city, the worst by far is the mission. Oddly <snerk> it almost never fails that the worst offenders in the mission are driving BMWs, Mercedes or Audis. Sometimes an Escalade, but usually it's the little girlie cars I see driving the worst. That's not to say they're all driven by females, as there are many a Kelowna man that loves to drive the little girlie cars. <double-snerk>

Close followers would be Montreal, then Winnipeg.
A lot of U.S. cities have congestion, but they run pretty smooth considering how much traffic is joining in on the fun.
Seems the few times I've been through Burlington Vermont have been either bad traffic days, or they fit into the category of terrible drivers.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”