Flashing headlights for deer warning ,etc.

Home of the traffic rant.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Flashing headlights for deer warning ,etc.

Post by lesliepaul »

Not hitting wildlife comes down to luck many times. I do not care how amazing you think you are behind the wheel. I have never hit an animal but man there were a lot of close calls........LUCK always plays a part in something you can never control.........the animal. I'll flash till I am blue in the face thank you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Seriously? You're equating a couple of quick flashes to having retina's "buggered" up? Get real.

A couple of quick flashes at someone who's buggering up my retina's by a constant stream of brights burning my cornea's is well worth the negligible night vision they're unlikely to occur in the first place.

Uh huh ... two idiots were coming down the road in opposite directions and one had his high beams on .... never mind..

I'll flash till I am blue in the face thank you.

Just DON'T use your hi beam if it's a dark night, mmkay?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby lesliepaul » Mar 30th, 2016, 2:16 am

NO WHERE in the highway traffic law does it use the word "flashing" of headlights

You are right that flashing your headlights to warn people of police radar ahead is not included anywhere in the Motor Vehicle Act. You would have been better off looking through the Criminal Code of Canada under Obstructing Justice.

As for flashing for a deer on the road in BC best you do not flash your headlights to high within the minimum distance allowed by law requiring that lights be dimmed.

Why do you think vehicles have Hazard Lights ?? They are to signal other drivers of a hazard.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Driving safely and encouraging others to drive safely is a mature and responsible attitude.

Figuring out ways to beat the police in their efforts to make the roads safer is something far less than that.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Driving safely and encouraging others to drive safely is a mature and responsible attitude.

Give it D.....

We don't do that here.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:never mind..

Thank God! :smt045
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:Figuring out ways to beat the police in their efforts to make the roads safer is something far less than that.

If flashing high beams encourages people to slow down - I'm all for it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

You are right that flashing your headlights to warn people of police radar ahead is not included anywhere in the Motor Vehicle Act. You would have been better off looking through the Criminal Code of Canada under Obstructing Justice.

As for flashing for a deer on the road in BC best you do not flash your headlights to high within the minimum distance allowed by law requiring that lights be dimmed.

Why do you think vehicles have Hazard Lights ?? They are to signal other drivers of a hazard.

Donald, "Obstructing Justice".......I think you know you are WAY OFF base on that one. Leave it at that.

Again, signs warning of "Radar Enforced" or "Speed Enforced by Radar" or "Photo Radar Ahead" or "Red Light Camera". These are all ADVANCED WARNINGS of speed enforcement displayed by the city or municipality or some level of Government. I guess THEY are Obstructing Justice also?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Apr 5th, 2016, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby lesliepaul » Today, 12:47 am

Donald, "Obstructing Justice".......I think you know you are WAY OFF base on that one. Leave it at that.

No UNAUTHORIZED person has the right to erect any sign on any roadway.

The obstruction charge is from the real world and has been upheld in court. I will "leave it at that" except to say that you are badly misinformed and misinforming other people about several aspects of the law as dictated by the courts.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:

Did anyone suggest they did?

I think Donald would have a heart attack how citizens handle speed traps in Europe. If there's a speed trap set up - someone will eventually get out of their car and hold up a sign warning other drivers about it. There was one lady a few towns down the street from where I lived, who'd always wear a bikini when she did it. Cops there take it in stride, simply pack up and move elsewhere.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The obstruction charge is from the real world and has been upheld in court. I will "leave it at that" except to say that you are badly misinformed and misinforming other people about several aspects of the law as dictated by the courts.[/quote]

DG......it appears in your world that the RCMP or for that matter any police are ALWAYS RIGHT and us mere mortals should never question their authority. I have friends and relatives who were in all forms of police work and going back 40 years. What is lacking in police forces today is the lack of reasoning ability. The RCMP will and have weaned that out of every officer in training going back 20 years. What the public unfortunately gets is more of the Mantler and the Vancouver Airport RCMP incidents were these officers felt they were above the law. Just because it appears you worked for them you can let up on defending every aspect of your career choice now.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lesliepaul wrote:

DG......it appears in your world that the RCMP or for that matter any police are ALWAYS RIGHT and us mere mortals should never question their authority.

You must be new to the forums ;)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Dizzy1 » Today, 10:59 am

Did anyone suggest they did?

Yes. lesliepaul said that exact thing.

As to my response to Europe's laws differing from BC; "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:
Yes. lesliepaul said that exact thing.

Where exactly?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Dizzy1 » Today, 12:35 pm

Where exactly?

Postby lesliepaul » Today, 12:47 am

Again, signs warning of "Radar Enforced" or "Speed Enforced by Radar" or "Photo Radar Ahead" or "Red Light Camera". These are all ADVANCED WARNINGS of speed enforcement displayed by the city or municipality or some level of Government. I guess THEY are Obstructing Justice also?

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”