Only other drivers are bad?

Home of the traffic rant.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Only other drivers are bad?

Post by Rosemary1 »

Reading these threads is almost enough to discourage some from getting behind the wheel! But before ranting too much, how many of us can honestly say we have never been guilty of at least one driving no no at one time or another or been one of the drivers below?

the sleep deprived/overtired; the risk take; the distracted; the arrogant, the rude, and the angry; the seniors; the young; the inexperienced; the nervous; the wannabe nascar drivers; the drinkers; the medicated; the impatient; the unlicensed;

So let's curb our impatience and anger with others and drive as defensibly as we can.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Only other drivers are bad?

Post by Dizzy1 »

I'll be the first to admit I ain't perfect - I'm human. I make bad decisions from time to time just like everyone else.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I always dwive defensibly
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

I have no problem with people making honest mistakes, we all have and that certainly includes me. It's the me-first, get outta my way 'cuz I'm texting attitude of so many drivers out there that bothers me.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Think thats the second time in the last week or so LTD made that statement. Guess he can cast the first stone.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I agree with the OP except when it comes to texting. Mistakes happen to everyone and at least aggressive drivers have thier eyes on the road. There is no excuse for texting while driving and wish the penalties were more severe.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I definitely make mistakes but I try to keep them to just that mistakes. I always try my best to follow the rules, be courteous etc but it doesn't always work. The drivers that get me are the ones that constantly feel they can break the rules, speed, tailgate, lane hogs, run yellow/red lights or whatever that don't even try to follow the rules.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Only 2% of the population texts while driving (and 98% of the population sexts while driving).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:Only 2% of the population texts while driving (and 98% of the population sexts while driving).

Then I'm seeing a whole lot of people getting it on during my morning commute. :1422:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Glacier wrote:Only 2% of the population texts while driving (and 98% of the population sexts while driving).

Considering the thousands of cars that go along Harvey each day that makes "2%" pretty scary and we're a lot luckier than we think by not having more accidents ... and for those that are sexting, which hand are they driving with?
tootall23
Fledgling

Post by tootall23 »

If you drive faster than me, you are a maniac. If you drive slower than me, you are a moron!!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”