Slingshot

Home of the traffic rant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Slingshot

Post by GordonH »

While watch a program a commercial for this came up, I am guessing this is for those with more money then they now what to do with. Wow
http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/slingshot

Mods if you want to moves this to better area, please do so.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Slingshot

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:While watch a program a commercial for this came up, I am guessing this is for those with more money then they now what to do with. Wow
http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/slingshot

Mods if you want to moves this to better area, please do so.

Been out for a while. Not a whole lot different than owning a motorbike, trike, or the can-am spyder. Personally have 2 friends with them and they love them. But you are correct. They are a "toy" just like the others mentioned above or a sports car.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

You can rent those down here in Vegas - same places that have the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. Not my cup of tea - $30 000 I'd rather get a used Mustang GT rag top and pump up the HP. But that's just me :)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

vegas1500 wrote:Been out for a while. Not a whole lot different than owning a motorbike, trike, or the can-am spyder. Personally have 2 friends with them and they love them. But you are correct. They are a "toy" just like the others mentioned above or a sports car.

First time I've seen either commercial or 3 wheeler.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

They seem like they re 5-8K to high on price to me.
For what you get....
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

They are nothing like a can am spyder. The slingshot is much sportier, drives like a sports car on tracks, point and it goes. No helmet, buddy sits beside you, so you can chat, a lot of fun, and base model way under 30 G. Rated as a car, not a bike.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Reminds me of the open cockpit car on Top Gear that almost pulled Clarkson's face off at speed.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”