Speed trap on Okanagan Lake bridge

Home of the traffic rant.
daveandanne
Übergod

Re: Speed trap on Okanagan Lake bridge

Post by daveandanne »

In reply to your comments you can not use this law, rule or reason on the modern City Of West Kelowna as it does not work. Lets look at it from a distance, if you pass and move to the right lane then the left lane should be empty or one or two vehicles trying to pass. Now if We carry this forward We now have a two lane safe highway reduced to one lane and the other lane open to pass. Has anyone { sane Person ] ever seen this in their lifetime?. The one lane theory would work when there was just one lane period each way in the 1950's and you could not pass and this law is now redundant in the 21'st Century for our commute to get across the big pond. If a Person thinks this through they will see the error of our laws and who passes them and enforces them. Otherwise everyone driving in the left lane, going to and from the bridge in West Kelowna is breaking the law and also try and get into the right lane each time you pass a vehicle then pull out and pass another and cut off the vehicle as you cut in again. This is a show of insanity at work and how can We be so Stupid?. If We try to obey this law We will not be alive to get to where We are going [ unless it is the cemetery ] Why do they not just close the highway period?.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Dizzy1 you can not be an idiot if you drive downtown Kelowna from the bridge to Canadian Tire, or in the reverse in the left lane as it is not posted at 80 and it is in City limits but the most obvious reason is you can not go into the right H.O.V. lane as you must have two or more Humans in your vehicle, be an electric vehicle, Bus, Truck or Motorcycle. So let Me do the math here and I see a problem. The wording of the law is causing Me and others a mixture of duress and it is getting just a little bit confusing, do you agree?.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:Has anyone { sane Person ] ever seen this in their lifetime?

Yes - in the rest of the world and it works quite well.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:Dizzy1 you can not be an idiot if you drive downtown Kelowna from the bridge to Canadian Tire, or in the reverse in the left lane as it is not posted at 80 and it is in City limits but the most obvious reason is you can not go into the right H.O.V. lane as you must have two or more Humans in your vehicle, be an electric vehicle, Bus, Truck or Motorcycle. So let Me do the math here and I see a problem. The wording of the law is causing Me and others a mixture of duress and it is getting just a little bit confusing, do you agree?.

Once you cross the bridge into West Kelowna, the speed limit is 80km/h, correct? If you are in the left lane and not planning on turning left until 10km down the road then you have no business being in the left lane unless you are passing other vehicles. Its a very simple concept.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Dizzy1 We are here in lala Land and We are not in the rest of the World and also most places across the big waters drive on the left side of the highways and if they moved right they would be very Dead as the right lane the other way is a head on.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Simple reasoning, no signs no legal law involved as to move right in our City limits period. This does not apply to us comma. This is Stupid exclamation.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Dizzy1 Try your concept and let us know [ if you live through it ] Good luck and you will be needing more than that.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Who does it affect? The law applies to all motorists travelling on BC highways with two or more lanes of traffic travelling in the same direction and a posted speed limit of 80 km/h or greater. - See more at: http://tranbc.ca/2015/06/15/keep-right- ... v1amG.dpuf

Read the link above

Oh yes Hwy 97 is a Provincial highway
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:Dizzy1 We are here in lala Land

Yes we are - thank you for your contribution.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:Dizzy1 Try your concept and let us know [ if you live through it ] Good luck and you will be needing more than that.

It's not "my concept" - its the law. Fortunately, those of us are very aware of the reality of the law - how it works, when it works and where it works. Its not difficult to understand that in the real world, given traffic conditions in congested areas play a role in the rule - if you can't figure out when the conditions warrant you to be in the left lane or right lane then maybe you should stick to transit.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:Dizzy1 Try your concept and let us know [ if you live through it ] Good luck and you will be needing more than that.

What would I need luck for? I can read traffic patterns quite well, thank you.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Dizzy1 But You were the one that said it was a simple concept first and I was not aware of whose concept it was but probably from a simple Person? or simply a simple idea?. As to Me wishing You Good luck I did mean well but if You do not need it you are very wise and please ignore My wish for Your well being as You will live a long and happy life. One question though do you know [without quoting the new law] if this law applies to us West Kelownian travellers on hwy. 97 to and from the Bridge both ways at the posted 80 speed and if not why not? thanks in advance for your updates as I and others are in the dark even in daylight.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

daveandanne wrote:Dizzy1 But You were the one that said it was a simple concept first and I was not aware of whose concept it was but probably from a simple Person? or simply a simple idea?. As to Me wishing You Good luck I did mean well but if You do not need it you are very wise and please ignore My wish for Your well being as You will live a long and happy life. One question though do you know [without quoting the new law] if this law applies to us West Kelownian travellers on hwy. 97 to and from the Bridge both ways at the posted 80 speed and if not why not? thanks in advance for your updates as I and others are in the dark even in daylight.

daveandanne just read my post, what underline says it all. Once speed limit drops below 80Kph that law drops as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Thank you for you answer as I do not know all of the changes in the laws. So this means that this never did apply to Kelowna and most times it will not apply to West Kelowna either as in rush periods You can not do 80 but I have another question and that is where are the signs and why does it not state this fact on them?. So the law only applies over 80 and not under 80 and that is a good thing. I am sorry that I asked two questions and need two answers.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

daveandanne wrote:Thank you for you answer as I do not know all of the changes in the laws. So this means that this never did apply to Kelowna and most times it will not apply to West Kelowna either as in rush periods You can not do 80 but I have another question and that is where are the signs and why does it not state this fact on them?. So the law only applies over 80 and not under 80 and that is a good thing. I am sorry that I asked two questions and need two answers.

BC Provincial highways with the posted speed limit of 80Kph and higher (2 or more lanes going in same direction)
Last edited by GordonH on Apr 23rd, 2016, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”