Turn out lanes??

Home of the traffic rant.
Dawggss

Turn out lanes??

Post by Dawggss »

Any idea why road builders construct turn out lanes? Apparently it's a waste of time, effort and money.
It seems most people believe they are to slow to a virtual stop in the main flow of traffic - prior to switching lanes onto the turn out lane, then meander up to the actual turn.
The proper procedure is to enter the turn out lane, after signaling!, at the same speed as the traffic on the main road, then brake to prepare for the turn.
Please folks! This is not difficult, and there is lots of time to slow and turn safely using these lanes properly!
“Left vs Right is an out-dated concept and an oversimplification of the 21st Century.” James Morcan

“What if I told you that the Left Wing and the Right Wing belong to the same bird?”
Verminator
Board Meister

Re: Turn out lanes??

Post by Verminator »

Not long ago I saw someone stop in the middle of a Vernon traffic circle, put their left turn signal on, then their right and then the left one again. Things like traffic circles and turn out lanes just confuse the morons among us even more than they already are. :200:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

You must leave the highway at the posted speed or higher but remember in the Winter, or snow and ice conditions you must slow down before or you will be sorry as you skid to your death or incident when you apply your brakes. Just like a gutter ball in the bowling alley.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

daveandanne wrote:You must leave the highway at the posted speed or higher

Where is everyone today? Nobody caught that? ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

What's the point? Everybody drives like they have no where to go and doddle from light to light distracted by whatever. If people would drive "ready" all the time like golfers play ready golf (not start decid g what club to use when your turn comes but being ready when your turn comes) traffic would be cut by 1/3
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

nikonfan wrote:What's the point? Everybody drives like they have no where to go and doddle from light to light distracted by whatever. If people would drive "ready" all the time like golfers play ready golf (not start decid g what club to use when your turn comes but being ready when your turn comes) traffic would be cut by 1/3

That would work but only if the slow drivers would let you play through.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”