Good job RCMP on the Allison Pass

Home of the traffic rant.
Atomoa
Guru

Good job RCMP on the Allison Pass

Post by Atomoa »

Had to drive out to Vancouver and back this weekend and took the Allison pass on the way back. I passed six (6) RCMP cruisers with people pulled over within a 45 minute period.

I received zero police attention because I drove the speed limit. Good job RCMP, you were certainly present on the roads this weekend.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Good job RCMP on the Allison Pass

Post by Smurf »

Excellent, that is the type of enforcement we need all the time. Lots of tickets, lots of income to give to the RCMP to hire enough members to enforce the laws and make our roads safe. I hope it was an extremely expensive weekend for the law breakers.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Smurf wrote:I hope it was an extremely expensive weekend for the law breakers.

2/6 were pulled over in a non active but still speed limited construction zone. Double fines.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Same with the entire section of the TCH through Banff National Park. Holiday Monday must have been a money maker for them. around every corner someone was pulled over.

There's always that sweet karma moment as well. *bleep* in a big jeep with BC plates is tailing me right outside of Banff. I was passing someone, and could also only go as fast as the guy in front of me (it was also wall-to-wall traffic thru this section), but still that wasn't fast enough apparently. So I pull back into the outside lane and buddy zooms by. Not 5 minutes later the cops have this guy pulled over. Even worse. not 10 minutes after this he flies past me again. He managed to get stopped, ticketed (I assume), and back on the road, but he catches up to me again.

I was actually kind of shocked I didn't see him pulled over again, but I didn't see any more police and I turned off at the Ice Fields.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”