The joy of traffic control

Home of the traffic rant.
jetty1965
Board Meister

Re: The joy of traffic control

Post by jetty1965 »

pssts wrote:I have to add to this forum that not all flaggers seem to be as well trained as the original poster.

They all receive the same training. Just this one felt that having a cigarette is more important than doing the job she was trained to do.

Maybe the flagging company did not allow for breaks? Having worked in construction I know this can be the case. While surveying I had to relieve one of the flaggers once who had to go pee. Luckily I had my flagging ticket.
Wildfire 3

Re: The joy of traffic control

Post by Wildfire 3 »

Ah, the joys of flagging. I have many fond memories of working a dark highway in the middle of nowhere, with drunks getting out of their cars threatening to beat me because 'you're gonna rat me out to the cops', people actually speeding up to blow past me even when being signalled with sign and light, and belligerents also getting out of their cars demanding to know why I thought I had the right to tell THEM what to do with THEIR cars THEY own. Also threatening to beat me for having the audacity of telling them what to do.

An amazing and mystical experience for the princely sum of 8 dollars an hour! Why did I ever change professions.
Deployed - Destroyed - Enjoyed
Oliver 2015

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”