Thank you!

Home of the traffic rant.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Thank you!

Post by mexi cali »

After thought. If you are sure of your facts then I invite you to test it out in a patrolled school zone and then argue it with the PO.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Another group I would like to thank are those who understand that, when waiting at a stop sign, regardless of who is traveling straight through, the vehicle who arrived at the stop line first has the right of way EVEN IF THE PERSON ACROSS FROM YOU IS TURNING LEFT!!

Just sayin.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

To Mexicalideamer,
I'm not going to do your research for you but if you look you'll see that a yellow school zone sign is a warning that there is a school nearby and does not establish a speed limit. A regulatory sign must be white with black letters. That is why most school signs have the speed tab posted underneath. If no tab then the posted speed before the school zone is in effect.
Midnight Sailor

Post by Midnight Sailor »

Dan Martin, are you really arguing your right to go as fast as legally possible in a school zone?
Like I said, most people follow the limit, which in my opinion is too fast through those zones, but when people slow down for appropriate school zone reasons, I'm thanking the people who don't fight for the right to endanger children.

The amount of times I've seen people weaving 70 through traffic on these roads. 50/60kmh? So 10 above is reasonable to you folk? It your right?

Until you hit a child. That's about all that will make people like you show precaution?
You came to this thread for a reason ,
And I hope that was to remind yourself to use precaution, not the maximum speed allowance under the law, in school zones.

Most people go about 45. It feels safe, for the most part, on those busy roads, to go 40/45vmax. If someone slows down to slower, it's probably for a reason, and I think you would thank yourself, for not weaving around them at full throttle to a child with eyes like a deer in headlights.
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

I agree with your above post and my 'argument' was more an attempt to point out that a school zone sign does not automatically mean the speed limit is 30 km/hr. as I have seen many people seem to think. That can be dangerous too!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

It "automatically" means to slow to the posted limit if there is a speed limit sign attached to it. If there is no speed limit sign attached, the speed previously in effect is still in effect but the sign is a warning that there may be children in the area so proceed with caution but I guess you don't because, you know, it's not a real school/play ground zone.

I'll get back on topic now.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

looking4one wrote:
YES, I agree, but I have also seen two overly polite customers insisting/border line argueing about the other should go first. :smt045 Just like two true Canadians coming to a 4 way stop at the same time...both are waving each other ahead. :138:

Sometimes, being polite is counter-productive. I love Canadians. What a great place we live in.

4 way stops are brutal, thanks for knowing when it is your turn to go and do it promptly without hesitation! Going when it is not your turn is just as bad as not going when it is your turn.
Waste not
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Yes, I agree with the 4 way stop thing but they are still worse than the traffic circle intersections. :130:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

mexicalidreamer wrote:It "automatically" means to slow to the posted limit if there is a speed limit sign attached to it. If there is no speed limit sign attached, the speed previously in effect is still in effect but the sign is a warning that there may be children in the area so proceed with caution but I guess you don't because, you know, it's not a real school/play ground zone.

I'll get back on topic now.

That is what I have said in my two posts above to which I got a OMG and an invite to check it out from you? I never said it wasn't a "real school or play ground zone" and I already mentioned that it was a warning. Don't put words in mouth!!! Maybe a little reading comprehension is needed on your part.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:It "automatically" means to slow to the posted limit if there is a speed limit sign attached to it. If there is no speed limit sign attached, the speed previously in effect is still in effect but the sign is a warning that there may be children in the area so proceed with caution but I guess you don't because, you know, it's not a real school/play ground zone.

Only if the speed sign attached is white - if its yellow (such as some playground areas in Vernon) then it is merely a suggested speed.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That is correct. No argument there. I was remarking that the poster who is very angry right now was trying to justify not slowing down when he sees these signs because he doesn't have too. Right and dead right.

So in keeping with the topic, thank you to those who see these cautionary signs and exercise caution, even if they don't have too.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”